>>Reviews >> Bags >>

Mizuno Twister Stand Bag Bags Review

Mizuno Twister Stand Bag

• A high function, full loading stand bag with detachable wrap
  • Anatomically designed moulded carry handle
  • Lightweight, breathable dual shoulder strap
  • Waterproof valuables pocket
  • Two tone moulded base

More Products from Mizuno  >>

April 19, 2006

Reviewed by: Scaramnaga ,  Shoots in the 70s

Mizuno Twister

Summary:
I love Mizuno products, to me they make the greatest clubs.

I also love to carry a bag and walk - golf is a sport and meant to involve exercise.

The Twister bag highlighted a solution to all my problems:

Make a bag lighter on the hit summer days, when I don't require big pockets for waterproofs

Good storage facilities to stop my clubs getting tangled.

But like all good idea's, some are not achieved and sadly Mizuno should stick to Irons and wedges.

What I hate about the bag:

The strap, it feel like you have sunburn after walking 18-36 holes. There is just no padding on them at all.

Holding 2 woods and 2 hyrids, the bag becomes cramped and difficult to get clubs out

Removing the pockets. I only have a bally pcoket left! What about a pouch for a water bottle??

Leaving the pockets on and carrying waterproofs, jumper and rain hood. Get the shoe horn ready as the main pocket is the smallest I have seen on a stand bag!

Thankfully it seems all of this has been addressed on the Twister II, but what about us guys who paid cash on a bag that doesn't do what it says?

I now use an Ogio Grom II bag which gets a big thumbs up!

Bought from American Golf Leicester - great store!

Ogio Grom, Titleist Stand Bag

March 17, 2006

Reviewed by: Mizunogolfer ,  Shoots in the 80s

Twister I

Summary:
I purchased the Twister bag mainly because I'm a fan of Mizuno irons and wedges. I also loved the concept of a removing pockets when I wanted to make the bag lite for a walking round of golf. Unfortunately, while some aspects of the bag were well thought out, others were either forgotten or ignored.

PROS:
-Kabuki club system works as described
-Velcro straps to lock the legs in place
-Plenty of pockets
-Removable pockets ez to get on & off
-Heavily padded shoulder straps

CONS:

-No drink holder
-No scorecard holder
-The straps are clumsy and hard to adjust
-Clubs wanted to fall out during a walking round no matter how many times or how hard I tried to adjust before, during, and after the round
-Durabilty

Ogio Probe
Nike Extreme
Grom

September 19, 2005

Reviewed by: markkurzeja ,  Shoots in the 80s

mizuno twister

Summary:
Being an avid fan of Mizuno irons the release of the Twister bag meant I could finally dispose of my old Izzo Spirit and treat myself to something altogether more stylish.Sadly the experience has been a real disappointment resulting in the bag being returned after nine months with a broken handle and stitching coming loose.Coupled with the poor build quality, I also found it virtually impossible to get the bag to hang at a comfortable level usually ending up far too low down despite using all the available adjustment.In addition, despite being plentiful, the pockets just seemed to be either in the wrong position or the wrong shape to maximise their potential.There is no doubt that they have created a really good looking bag and the aero-strap is a big advantage in the wet over most competitor's coudroy version which tend to soak up the rain, but for me it fails on both design and build quality.
The be fair to Mizuno, they did exchange the bag without question but I have now exchanged it for an Ogio Vaporlite which I find superior in every way.
Sorry Mizuno, best stick to making the best irons going(Mp33's)

No problem with customer service, they replaced the bag without question.

Izzo Spirit
Ogio Vaporlite

November 20, 2004

Reviewed by: kwack99 ,  Shoots in the 100s

Twister

Summary:
Superb bag. Great buil quality, club sepperators well thought out. light and comfortable to carry. detachable pockets for summer use when you dont need to take your water proofs. Nice wide sturdy stand legs.

not needed