>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Bridgestone B330 RX Balls Review

Bridgestone B330 RX

Bridgestone Tour B330-RX Golf Balls The Bridgestone Tour B330-RX Golf Ball offers a reformulated mantle layer and Dual Dimple technology. The reformulated mantle reduces spin on full shots and promotes a higher launch, resulting in greater accuracy and distance. The Dual Dimple pattern offers superior aerodynamics and enhanced wind performance. The B330-RX continues to feature a soft core design that allows maximum compression for moderate swing speed players. Additional features: Designed for p

Web Address
Information Added By

In The Hole Golf

June 8, 2012

Reviewed by: Tom Green ,  Shoots in the 70s

TourB330-rx

Summary:
Played this ball first time yesterday..liked it. Played the same ball today and could not understand what had gone wrong..until I discovered that it had split from the core outwards.Bridgestone do not seem to deny that this can happen..They say "It is not a regular occurence"...Well...it will not be a regular occurrence for me either.

May 1, 2012

Reviewed by: jacutis ,  Shoots in the 80s

Bridgestone B-330 RX

Summary:
As I am getting older, my swing speed has slowed down a bit. I have religiously been a Pro V user. But recently thought I would look at other options for more driver distance without loosing the approach performance of the Pro-V's. I bought a couple of sleeves last week of the B330-RX and hit them shot for shot against the Pro-V1x this past weekend. Here is what I found.

Driver distance:
Approximately 10 - 15 yds longer than the Pro-V. Great feel off the driver.

Iron Spin:
One average, I was hitting into the greens at about 140yds with an easy 9-iron. I found that this ball, although it has great carry, does not get near the iron spin that the Pro-V does, thus often, it would roll a good 5 - 8 feet straight through, where the Pro-V would stick and release a 2 - 3 feet at the most.

Wedge play:
I have a very solid short game and actually liked the RX over the Pro-V, as I found it easier to get the ball down and glide to the cup and on 2 occasions got very close to eagle from <50 yrd pitch shots. Both stopped by the cup within 6 inches and the others were all within gimme range.

Putting:
I am a feel putter, and my Oddyssey loves this ball. It has a great fel and rolls well.

This ball is for you if you like the extra distance, but dont mind giving up mid-long iron stop spin.

Titleist Pro-V1x, Bridgestone B330, Taylor Made Penta TP

April 9, 2012

Reviewed by: ballgoinhole ,  Shoots in the 70s

Summary:
Bridgestone 330 tour rx.

Read alot about this ball before I bought a sleeve and tried it out. I am a 5 handicap golfer with a swing speed of about 93-95 with a driver and the marketing (hype or not) targets my swing speed or slower.

I cannot compress a pro v1x in the colder temp months (under 60 degrees) and even though I hit the x further than the pro v1, it didn't come close to the distance I get from my Noodle + ball.

Of course the Noodle is not good at short stopping shots but since I hit a high ball it doesn't roll out too much in a normal full shot.

The Noodle is 1 club longer for me throughout the bag--than the pro v1x, with the driver being about 12-15 yards further than the x.

Anxious to compare the pro v1x to the 330 rx, hit them side by side, shot by shot for 18 holes on Sunday in 65 degree weather.

X is still further for me by 1/2 club throughout the bag and 5-10 yards for the driver.

Huh? Fooled me.

July 29, 2011

Reviewed by: daveferre ,  Shoots in the 90s

Bridgestone B330RX

Summary:
I'm 70 years old, pure 18 handicap, and I've never really believed that I would see any difference between balls - and I've tried more than a few - but the Bridgestone B330RX has improved my game, in particular, length of the shots. I play the same course, same tees 3x a week and the first time I used this ball on the par 3s, I went over the green every time when using my usual club selection. Where I had used a 6 iron, I now use a 7 iron and these balls stop dead or even spin back a bit. Drives further than ever. For my swing speed - and that must be what's happening - this is the perfect ball for me. Not for everyone, no doubt, but for my game, swing speed, and ability, this is my ball forever. I hope they never stop making them.

Tried TM Penta, ProV1, ProV1x, Bridgestone E6, and a host of others. Only the B330RX made a substantial difference for my game.

July 10, 2010

Reviewed by: Dane Young ,  Shoots in the 80s

B330 RX

Summary:
This ball is very good. It spins enough if you are a high ball hitter. If you want more spin then go with the B330 RXS. That is the spin ball. I find this ball has very good feel off the clubs and soft on the putting green.

PRO V1 / PRO V1X / Taylormade TP Red.