>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Callaway HX Hot Bite Balls Review

Callaway HX Hot Bite

Callaways nex 3-piece golf ball with distance and control. The HX Hot Bite Golf Ball features a softer, proprietary cover that delivers exceptional feel and control on top of the high speed core.
The premium cover feels extremely soft and allows the ball to stop quickly on the green for exceptional short-game control.

Soft, High-Resiliency Core Enhances feel and helps maximize ball speed, resulting in long distance for a wide range of swing speeds. The Ionomer Boundary Layer works with the core to increase ball speed while maintaining soft feel.

HEX Aerodynamics Replaces conventional dimples and virtually eliminates the seam, enhancing shot-to-shot consistency. HEX Aerodynamics also reduces drag for long, efficient ball flight with amazing stability

More Products from Callaway  >>

Web Address
Information Added By

Callaway Golf

March 21, 2014

Reviewed by: Tyler ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway hx bite

Summary:
Read the reviews and decided to try these balls. I love these golf balls great all around love the feel of them. First round out shot a personal best 82 had 7 pars and 2 birdies. This will be the only balls I use from here out. And the best part is I used the same ball the whole round.

June 14, 2012

Reviewed by: Mason ,  Shoots in the 100s

HX Hot Bite

Summary:
I like to check out everything I can find on something before I buy it.These HX hot Bites are now on clearance just about everywhere for $15-$17 Dollars. They used to $30 and were rated Gold in that price range on Golf Digests 2008-2009 hot list.The overall consensus is that they have great distance and check up very well on the greens..some say they scuff easily but many users have not had this problem to any more degree than other balls(maybe the problem was in the first run). Just about everyone agrees that 15 Bucks or so for this 3-piece ball is a steal.

June 11, 2012

Reviewed by: Bobby ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway HX hot Bite

Summary:
Not sure why people have problems with the covers scuffing/cracking/scratching. I have been playing these balls for about two months now and can only find them at one store locally even though its nots the preferred golf shop of mine I still go to pick up these balls for two dozen for $30. I tend to lose about a sleeve a round so these balls are the perfect price and perform amazing for that price. They travel rather straight and very far, they feel nice and soft and do check up quite a bit more than most other 3 piece balls and most 2 piece balls of any quality I have played. They are the only balls I buy currently being Pro V1's are too expensive to lose constantly. I have hit these off trees and cart paths without any significant scuffing or damage at all. These balls seem to hold up rather well and I have a driver speed of around 110 and my iron head speed varies between 85-95 on my good days and these balls hold up fine for me. Not only do they work well because of that they have inspired a lot of short game confidence and I hit a lot more GIR's. If you can still find these they are definitely worth checking out.

April 26, 2012

Reviewed by: BOB ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway HX Hot

Summary:
I have played this ball for 2 rounds. I found not only do I get great distance off the tee (one drive 300+ yds) but it stops on the green very well. I had to get used to it when chipping because it checked up quickly instead of rolling like past balls I have used. It was nice for a change having a ball hit a green and stay there and not roll off. I have doubled my greens in regulation with this ball. It is not longer available in the store I got it from so will have to look elsewhere for it. Don't want to go back to playing anything else after these. Can't beat the price I got it for either at $17/dz.

Callaway Warbird, Noodle Long and Soft

October 6, 2011

Reviewed by: Pipeline Chris ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway HX Hot Bite

Summary:
I have been engaging in some research in order to find a ball that will give me some extra distance. I purchased a box of Callaway HX Bite balls yesterday (October 5, 2011). I want to get clarify one issue immediately: I experienced no scuffing or cutting of the ball at all today. I hit 7 irons, sand wedges, 5 irons, and a few 9 iron shots. There was no cutting of the ball. This ball is straight and stops on a dime. Good carry distance and trajectory, to boot.

I still get about the same distance off my Nike Sumo driver (240 with wind, about 225 against the wind). Well, I'm 55, but still a reasonably big (6'2" 240) guy. I'm searching for the old distance (270+/-). Thought I could get some back in a "hot ball". Might have to go with a longer shaft and hot driver coupled with a hot ball.

Don't get me wrong. I am not disappointed with the Callaway HX Hot Bite, I just expected a lot more distance than I was getting from the V1s. I will probably keep looking for the "silver bullet" ball, but I sure like how the Bite holds the greens!