>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Callaway Warbird Balls Review

Callaway Warbird

Now take that sorry excuse for a ball you've been toying with and trade it in for the Warbird golf ball. It's built long and powered by Callaway Golf technology to reward you with everything you want in a ball, and nothing you don't. The Warbird golf ball is a two-piece distance ball, power-packed with value and a firm 90 compression core. The testosterone … we mean tungsten-fueled rubber engine gives you greater ball velocity at impact for distance you've only dreamed about. It's wrapped in a tough cover made of ionomer. Don't worry about how to pronounce it - just know that it makes the Warbird a really looooong, durable ball. If you must impress your friends, ionomer (that's pronounced eye-ON-uh-mer) reduces spin and increases ball speed on driver and long iron shots. It also gives you excellent cut-proof and scuff-resistant durability, so no matter how hard you hit it, it still looks good. Now beat it, and have a nice flight.

More Products from Callaway  >>

In The Hole Golf

June 19, 2013

Reviewed by: adam ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway Warbird

Summary:
This ball is the longest golf ball I've ever played. Noticeably longer off the tee with my driver than any other ball. I'm a Prov1x guy, but tee off with the Warbird when I'm on a long Par 4 or 5. Other than that, it's an average ball. No spin, kind of a rock.

January 6, 2011

Reviewed by: pat ,  Scratch Golfer

warbird

Summary:
this ball is pityful. it is not worth the bargain price you pay for it. if this ball is played too long{over 18 holes} it can become disfigured and lose its shape. dont waste your money on this junk. p.s i guess you get what you pay for. whether you like it or not there is a reason you pay so much for high end golf balls. i.e urethane cover for soft feel and more spin.

December 14, 2010

Reviewed by: Bruce S ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway Warbird PLUS

Summary:
I've been playing golf for 10 years on and off. Have always struggled to putt online and to drive straight. Never worried about what ball I was playing until now. Just purchased the Callaway Warbird PLUS balls as they were at sale price. Have just played two rounds with the PLUS, first was an 84 and second was a 76. After 36 holes I am motivated to say I care about what ball I hit now. Simply, for me this Warbird Plus is a great ball to putt with; stays on line and comes off the putter face with a feel for weight to the hole. By that I mean it gives me a better idea of the putting stroke required to get to the hole. Never had a clue before. AND I was a "fader" off the tee; not anymore!! Hell I didn't hit one "false" fade in either round; needless to say, my driving distance, straight, improved by 20 - 30 yards. I use blades and found the ball easy to work and very consistent, distance wise, off the irons. I am confident, now, that I'll be making more greens in regulation than ever before and will be putting for birdie, rather than scrambling for par (or worse). Finally, I see light at the end of the tunnel to be shooting consistently in the "elusive" 70's.

Not used

Pinnacle Gold, Srixon Soft Feel, Dunlop DDH

November 10, 2010

Reviewed by: BW Morrison ,  Shoots in the 70s

Calloway Warbird Ball

Summary:
I'm 62 and have been playing since I was 10 years old. I've been as low as a 2 handicap, and now carry a 5 at a demanding Donald Ross course. Over the years, Titleist has been my preferred ball. In a recent tournament, however,
after going 8 over par in the first 6 holes, I went to the 7th tee and teed up a Warbird that I'd found in the woods on the previous hole. And proceeded to play the last 12 holes in 5 under par. It included a 30 on the back nine. I'm sure it wasn't just the ball, but I'd never shot 30 before, so guess what ball I'm using from now on?

August 18, 2010

Reviewed by: Ryan ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway Warbird, Warbird Plus

Summary:
Simply the best golf ball i have ever played with. The ball is great for control and it prevents un-intentional slices,Fades, Hooks, and draws. It is very forgiving and the price is great.

Titleist Pro v1, Pro v1x, Nike One Tour D, pinnacle Gold.