>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Maxfli Noodle Long And Soft Balls Review

Maxfli Noodle Long And Soft

• New core for longer distance
  • Now 7 yards longer than the original Noodle
  • Soft compression for better feel
  • 408 dimples for long carry and soft landings
  • For players looking for long distance and soft feel around the greens

More Products from Maxfli  >>

August 26, 2012

Reviewed by: Haakon ,  Shoots in the 80s

TM Noodle Long & Soft

Summary:
I just bought a triple dozen of these balls to have as a cheap day to day playing ball. I see a lot of comparison with the Pro V1, so by curiosity I wanted to do a test myself. The main discussion has been about spin and stop on the green as I see it.

My setup was 75m wedge shots from fairway to a decent quality green (a bit dry/hard). I did 10 (IMO) solid shots with the Pro V1, and then the same with the Noodle ball. By roughly measuring an average distance between pitch marks and balls there was a noticable difference between the two models, unlikely to just be caused by statistic dispersion and distorting variables. The Pro V1 stopped about 0.75-1m behind the pitch marks, while for the Noodle the distance was 2-2.5m. The wedge I used was a Cleveland 588, 51 degree.

Taking price into concideration, the Noodle is definitely worth the bucks. It's not as soft as I hoped, but still bites the green decently with a good feeling off the club. A comparison with the Pro V1 is anyway a bit unfair. Don't hesitate to buy these if you're looking for an upgrade to soggy lake balls and scratched up lost balls. The best part about playing the same ball is consistency, and you'll never get that playing several different brands.

With long irons (6-3) and woods it feels good. As long as the balls don't feel like rock I'm usually pleased.

Regarding wear I haven't played them that long, but they seem to scratch up a bit easy.

Nothing to say

Precept Laddie X (pretty simliar), Precept EV Extra spin (a bit better from <100m) different Top Flite 2-pieces (yuck!), Maxfli Revolution Spin (feels softer)

July 22, 2011

Reviewed by: williej ,  Shoots in the 80s

maxfli longest noodle

Summary:
Hi there:-) williej here with a review of the maxfli longest noodle golf ball.. I have played them a number of times, especially now that cash is tight. This is a GREAT ball all around. I usually play the bridgestone b330rx. But i have to be frank when i say that this noodle preformes just as well as the bridgestone. I have played a lot of similar balls, the nike pd soft for one. Nowhere close to performing as well all around as the longest noodl. ya there good around the greens, but i feel that i actually loose distance with the nike's. never been a fan of their ball anyway. anyhow,another comparison i will make is the ball flight. the longest noodle's ball flight is very consistant and dosen't spin too bad off the driver. I swing pretty fast as well. about 94-103 mph. (more consistantly in the mid 90's)i have never over compressed this golf ball as i have with so many others. i know what it is to play golf at par or better. my handicap is now a 10 because of a nasty, 2 1/2 sory fall in late october of 2009. needless to say i had some significant injuries and im just now able to begin to swing as i once did. My point being, that even before then, as a scratch golfer, i would play the longest noodle more often. so, this ball is for anyone looking for a great golf ball without sacrificing cash or p;ayability. Thank you

nike pd soft.
titelist nxt tour
precept laddie x
bridgestone e6
srixon ad 333
all good balls, but most you sacrifice something, weather it be distance, accuracy, feel or spin rate.

July 1, 2010

Reviewed by: wayne1948 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Noodle Long and Soft

Summary:
You cannot compare this ball to the PRO V1 or any other high price ball but for $40 fo 36 balls this has to be the best deal around. The ball feels good off of the driver and irons. It also putts very well. Distance is just about as long as Nike Vapour, and Srixon Z-Star X. I would suggest to any Mid or High handicapper that if you have not tried this ball you should. It is a good inexpensive well performing golf ball.

Every ball out there

July 28, 2009

Reviewed by: keith ,  Shoots in the 100s

Maxfli Long & Soft Noodle

Summary:
I prefer a ball that doesn't feel like a rock when I hit it, like most golfers, and this one felt like a good, solid golf ball. I get good distance, and I've read that people say these balls don't stop well on greens, but I haven't had that problem. If I'm within 150 yards it pretty much stays where it lands or rolls back a few inches. Feels very solid and is consistent for putting also.

Good ball overall for the money, especially for casual golfers like me who don't get to play as much as I'd like and don't like to spend too much on balls when I do.

Top Flite XL2000, Top Flite XL, mostly cheap 2 piece balls.

February 17, 2008

Reviewed by: golfkailua ,  Shoots in the 80s

Maxfli Noodle Long and Soft

Summary:
Outstanding ball for the price. Feels solid off the driver and the irons, and one of the few balls that actually does increase the length of drives. Nice trajectory off the driver and utility clubs. No, it is not buttery soft, and no, it does not stop on a dime on the green, but let's be honest with ourselves: most of us aren't doing that anyway unless we are hitting into very soft greens. At a little more than a dollar a ball, I can't imagine why the average golfer would buy anything else--unless you like seeing your money pitched into the lake from time to time.

Titleist Pro V1, Top Flite Complete