>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Maxfli Noodle Balls Review

Maxfli Noodle

Maxfli''s research and development department set out to create a ball that combined the seemingly incompatible qualities of long distance and soft feel at impact; it was called Project Noodle. They succeeded in their quest, and the Noodle was born. The secret of the Noodle is a high-energy, low-compression core material, soft-yet-durable Surlyn cover, and a high-launch 408-dimple pattern. Want maximum distance without a hard feel? Try the Noodle, the ball with the intriguing name and outstanding performance.

More Products from Maxfli  >>

August 4, 2014

Reviewed by: Jerry ,  Shoots in the 100s

Dunlop Noodle

Summary:
Doodle with your Noodle, or Noodle with your Doodle! Either way its a great way to play with your balls. I prefer to use my stick.

March 30, 2014

Reviewed by: Steve Berger ,  Shoots in the 90s

Noodle

Summary:
After a 30 year lay-off I am back at the course and just love it. Have played many different balls, and my restart was with the Top Flight. My friend said they were like hitting a rock they are so hard, so I began to do some research. I am 64 and still have good health, but we all are slowing down. I tried the Noodle and have fallen in love with it. Soft, yet long. Does not have the hard click that the hard cover, high compression balls do. Then I ran my own test by dropping two different balls on the sidewalk to test the rebound. Noodle was superior to almost any. Try it!!! Have also tried the Noodle Ice, but it seems a bit of a harder cover. When I first saw a Noodle it was coming out of a water hazard by a buddy. We first thought they were good water balls, but not so after playing with them. My bag is full of Noodles now.

Have tried every ball imaginable. The hard balls are like hitting rocks. Try the soft and long.

July 22, 2011

Reviewed by: williej ,  Shoots in the 80s

Maxfli Longest Noodle

Summary:
Hi, I'm an avid golfer who is slightly better than the average. I consistantly score in the low to mid 80's. I have played the Maxfli Longest Noodle many times. I feel that this is a GREAT golf ball, all around. Great from tee to green and a solid, consistant ball flight. The longest noodle plays just as well as my usual B330 rx. More recently, I have been debating weather or not to use the longest noodle as my ball of choice being the great difference in price. less expensive dosen't always mean less quality. Both jump right off the clubface, and both perform very well on the greens. I swing pretty hard too. My club head speed is between about 93 and 104 mph. more consistantly in the high 90's. I do not seem to over compress this ball as I have with so many other soft distance balls. The Nike PD soft, just to name one. I would recomend this ball to anyone who is looking to play a great, well constructed golf ball without feeling like they have to sacrifice something. Cash is certainly NOT one thing you'll sacrifice...

Similall products I have used are as follows; the Precept Laddie X, the Nike PD soft and pd long. The bridgeston b 330rx, the taylormade penta tp ball, the srixon z-star. All but the taylormade and the nike perform very similar but if i had to chose juat one based on all aspects considered(price being the main) I would have to give it to the Longest Noodle.

March 6, 2011

Reviewed by: Tom ,  Shoots in the 70s

Noodle Long and Soft

Summary:
I am an 8 handicap and I have been using noodles ever since high school whenever I play non-competitive golf. These balls are awesome because they are probably the only decent to good golf ball I've found at an amazing price($9 a dozen at Wal-Mart). They give plenty of distance off the tee (My drives average 280 yds off the tee with them using a 12 year old driver), provide a soft feel for putting/chipping, and give a decent amount of spin. If I were to play in a serious golf tournament I would use a Pro-V1. I can make almost every shot with a noodle that I can make with a Pro-V1 except for rare circumstances. The only major difference with the Pro-V1s/other premium balls is that those balls stop on a dime for mid-high trajectory shots whereas the noodle releases a little bit more. If you have no green to work with on a pitch or chip, a premium quality ball will also help a little. However, this happens only 1-2 shots a round where I feel not using a premium ball hurts my chances of getting up and down. Is a little extra help on 1-2 shots in non-competitive rounds worth 3 dollars more a ball to you? Not to me. 15-20 handicappers, I highly recommend playing a noodle because it will provide you a decent ball for an amazing price. Save $31 a box and use the money towards lessons and custom fit clubs(these 2 things,unlike a premium golf ball, will help your game tremendously.)

Any $20-30 a dozen priced golf ball.

November 18, 2010

Reviewed by: joe cool ,  Shoots in the 80s

NOODLE S2D

Summary:
I rated this ball here because it doesn't
have it's own section. I'm sure you've seen these kickin' around. Taylormade is
now the manufacturer of the Noodle. Maxfli....no more. The S2D is a firmer
version of the original Noodle. If you're
looking for a deal on a ball, this is it.
Most golf shops have been selling these
for 9 to 12 bux a box. They are super long like the original but don't have the
greenside spin. It's pretty much a distance ball. If you're the type that likes to hammer it off the tee box...
you'll like these.