>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Maxfli Revolution Solid Balls Review

Maxfli Revolution Solid

Welcome to the Maxfli Revolution Solid golf ball. Extending the success of the original Revolution, the new Revolution Solid ball combines the added distance of solid balls with exceptional feel. The Revolution Solid features a micro-bond layer between its oversized, solid center and soft, urethane outer cover. As a result, the Revolution Solid offers players a premium combination of distance and control. The new Revolution Solid was developed to answer demand for the increased distance a solid ball provides. While giving players the added distance, the Revolution Solid is also designed to give the better golfer sufficient spin for control

More Products from Maxfli  >>

May 15, 2009

Reviewed by: Shadow6934 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Revolution Solid

Summary:
I have read most of the reviews and my belief is that there are two different versions of this ball. There is the original Revolution Solid that comes in the blue and black box and the revamped version in the red box. I absolutely love the "original" revolution solid (blue and black box). I find the ball to be reasonably long and have great touch around the greens. Definitely not as much bite as the Pro V1, but enough to hold the green. I gave the original a 5 our of 5.

The newer (red box) revolution solid would get a 1 out of 5. It is hard as a rock with no touch around the green. They must have changed the cover material as it is not what it used to be. I bought a box thinking it was the same only to find out otherwise.

Pro V, Pro 90, One Platinum

July 22, 2008

Reviewed by: JesseC ,  Shoots in the 70s

Revolution Solid

Summary:
This ball has been blasted by several on the site and I must admit I must be playing a different ball. Today 546 yard par 5. diver , 7 iron 2 putt bird. 178 yard 7 iron and took a 1 foot bounce and stopped dead. Same result on my way to a 74. Never off line , putts great and 24 for $9.00. As long as i can find em I'll keep playing them. My swing spped is 110 and the ball works for me.

Never used

You name it.

June 24, 2008

Reviewed by: bradley_jones ,  Scratch Golfer

Summary:
I will start out by saying that I was completely blown away by this ball. Price was a huge factor in me trying these balls out in the first place. $7.50 a dozen at Walmart! Are you kidding me! I have been a Titleist pro v man since they replaced the Titleist Proffesionals back in the day. This ball is just as solid at impact, flys further than the pro v. Now granted I cant zip a Maxfli back like I can a Pro V. But I will settle with the results I got with this ball. No roll out, even with the longer irons. 100 yards in it was 2 skips and screech. Gap, sand and lob wedge i could spin it back about 5-8 feet. Overall for the money and the performance I got from this ball it cant be beat. Golf is an expensive enough game. I dont need to spend $45 a dozen on Pro V's when I have to replace them every 6 holes. Dont get me wrong the Pro V is an excellent ball, but when you can buy 6 dozen Maxfli's for the same price as one dozen Pro V's, they cant be topped

Pro V 1x, Pro V 1, Titleist Proffesional

May 10, 2008

Reviewed by: Brandon ,  Shoots in the 80s

Maxfli Rev Solid

Summary:
Switched between Pro Vx and Rev on my round yesterday, While I did spin the Pro V more, it wasnt enough of a difference to justify me spending the extra $40 a dozen. I personally like the feel of the ball, but I also putt with a Taylor Made Nubbins, so putter feel isn't as big an issue for me.
I played in high school and was all about the short game. My Becu lob did rip the cover on the one shot I took with it, but that happens with every ball that gets to meet that club.

Pro Vx, Laddies, Z-Urs, Precept feel/Ad333, etc.

November 30, 2007

Reviewed by: kraz33 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Maxfli Revolution Solid

Summary:
I usually play the Precept laddie partly because I am cheap, and partly because it is recommended for begginers. Now that I am hitting more fairways I wanted a ball that carried further on my drives.....this Maxfli does that. i wouldn't say it was a huge difference, but noticable to me. I have a great chipping game, and had no problem with controlling it on the greens. I am now sticking with this ball.....plus it was on sale at Target 24 for $16.99!!! now if I could only learn how to putt and hit my irons consistantly...

Precept Laddie, Precept UTRI