>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Nike Nike One Vapor Balls Review

Nike Nike One Vapor

NIKE ONE Vapor Golf Balls:
# 3-piece seamless Ionomer blend -designed for the skilled game
# Multi-layer construction, and softened compression to improve performance and lower scores
# Delivers the perfect balance of distance and control
# Progressive density core maximizes distance for average swing speeds
# Power Transfer Layer maximizes velocity distance and control throughout the bag
# Softened Ionomer blend outer cover

In The Hole Golf

September 21, 2010

Reviewed by: Norge ,  Shoots in the 80s

One Vapor

Summary:
Like every golfer I'm trying to find the "perfect" ball for my game. The Vapor is a nice compromise but it is exactly that. Very good off the driver and great feel with the putter, it tends to lack on greenside control and fares average off the irons. Long and mid iron behavior is similar to most mid-range 3 pc balls but approach/wedge shots need compensation for a little roll. Chip shots check but still roll out. I guess you give up some performance for a little more durability. Negatives aside, the performance with the putter and driver is a real plus and the feel is just what I'm looking for. I primarily use these in warm weather but switch to the Wilson Staff Zip in colder weather. I'm happy with this ball but would like a little more greenside control engineered in its design.

None

Almost all

September 11, 2010

Reviewed by: Cory ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nike One Vapor

Summary:
First round with Nike One Vapor. I have been an avid V1 user for the past 5 years and have sacrificed distance for the wonderful greenside capabilities of the V1. Made a swing change earlier this year to approach the ball on a steeper angle and found that my spin rate with the driver has increased significantly. So I decided to go to a 3 layer ball. The steady ball flight and consistent distance is terrific. My biggest concern was around the greens. Well, all of that worry went away with the purchase of 2 brand new wedges. Great Ball Nike !!!

December 17, 2009

Reviewed by: golfer7890 ,  Shoots in the 90s

vapor one

Summary:
I had high expectations for the Nike Vapor and so far it hasn't lived up to it. The best attribute is its feel off the putter-- similar to premium balls. Driver distance is good enough, and durability is above average. The downside is its lack of greenside manners. Almost feels like a muted rock ball off the wedges. I mainly play mid range balls (Hot Bite, Burner TP, E+) and my scores are higher with the Vapor balls. I will save the remaining Vapors for summer, maybe they'll play better in warmer weather. So far they are not up to the hype, and I consistently shoot lower scores with the Hot Bites and Burner Tps.

Nike customer service is top notch. Fast email responses and even offer live chat service.

Mainly Hot Bite, Burner TP, E+, and NXT(my least favorite). Also Prov1x.

October 30, 2009

Reviewed by: XF, kansas ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nike Vapor 3 pc Ball

Summary:
I normally play Nike PD soft, Callaway HX Bite, and pinnacle soft for a straighter shot..with a SS of about 87-93 mph and the drop in temp lately, it really emphasizes the soft feel of the vapor ball. PDS is an long soft ball with medium movement. The hx bite haa avareage feel, distance and a lot of movement. The pinnacle was the rock of the group but straighter though. Then i tried the Nike Vapor!!!! The 1st hole was a 154 PAR 3 it felt like butter compared to the other and a bit shorter. On the chip to the pin it checked up like a 30 or $40 ball. On the par 4s and 5s it was the softest, not much movement and it carried well (not as long as the pinnacle or PDS but decent length, the approach shots and the greenside check up is where it cut the strokes of the round and became my got to ball....this ball is great for my SS and game!!! Nike great job and keep'em on the shelf, but drop them about $5!!!

September 11, 2009

Reviewed by: arp399 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Nike One Vapor

Summary:
Great Ball!!!!!!!! Nice long flight. Not alot slicing or hooking. I can get this ball to stick hitting the green with full irons or wedges and back up a couple of inches. Nothing like the pros but all that I need. This biggest thing I like about these is how well they last. I play alot of golf and say I shoot in the low 90s because I dont cheat.... This is a really good ball from somebody who knows alot about golf. I cant say how these balls compare to fifty dollar a dozen balls because I dont that expensive of a ball but compared to everything in the 25 dollar or less range. You wont be dissapointed. Easily bites as well as Callaway HX Hot Bites. But will last a thousand times longer. I chewed up the Callaways.

Callaway HX Hot Bites, Bridgestone E6, all Top-Flites, Precept Laddies, Precept Laddie Extremes, Cheaper Titliest, Pinnacles, Noodles, ETC.