>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Nike TA2 Long Balls Review

Nike TA2 Long

Faster core, longer distance - the DISTANCE mix of length, action and durability Predictable distance with off-center hits Longer, higher trajectory with less side spin Optimized across mid-high swing speeds Durable, responsive urethane blend cover for greater distance Blended polymer mantle layer between cover and core for efficient energy transfer Firm, oversized polybutadiene core for distance

More Products from Nike  >>

June 25, 2009

Reviewed by: Joh Barth ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nike TA2 Long

Summary:
This is a great ball for the current price. I found these golf balls for sale at a closeout price of $15.99 at http://www.shopgolfzone.com

August 30, 2005

Reviewed by: 44stinger ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nike TA2 Long

Summary:
i have no idea why there are alot of negative or dull reviews for this ball. this may be the best ball i have ever played. i picked up a couple dozed logo overruns at golfsmith for 14.99. wasnt sure what to expect. i've played a total of 4 rounds with this ball so far and each round my game is improving. im hitting wedges for my second shot on all par 4's and getting very close to hitting par 5's in two using a 3 wood on my second shot. at the worst im on par 5's in 3 with a chip or pitch on. My averages drives before were in the 250 range. now they are steadily climbing every round and may be the best they can be with my swing speed. im driving with a cobra 460 sz and averaging 280 drives. these next number may come as a shock but if im lying im only cheating myself. my last round i hit three 300+ yard drives two drives were 312 and 320 on an even fairway and the last was on a slight downhill fairway that doglegged right. i have a slight fade so that also helped. i hit this one 345. i dont know how many yards came from hitting gradually downhill but im taking it. this ball may be just as long for me as the pro v1 that i've bested with a 310 yard drive. im listing all the balls i've used in the past 2 years belwo and this is the #1 so far...oh and i hit two flag sticks with my second shots on par 4's from around 60 yards out my last round with the TA2 long. I also use the TA2 spin on par 3s and short par 4's . Just wish i could find these balls somewhere as golfsmith ran out of the overruns

callaway red and warbird, titliest prov1, pinnacle gold, slazenger fusion, nitro balata and ld+20

March 1, 2005

Reviewed by: Benguk ,  Shoots in the 100s

TA-2 LNG Golf balls

Summary:
Another golf ball review from me. I have even more to say. In my previous reviews on Nike balls I might have mentioned something about the retired golf ball, and I just posted something about it. I really like them even though the aren'y what is considered the latest technology. These TA-2s are now, sadley, retired. At first when I played these in December, I was quick to say that these sucked because I lost 4 of them, but then I thought about it. *****"Ok so the first one I lostin the leaves, which was just my ability to not be able to find a ball in the leaves, then the second one got submurged under a tree; couldnt do anythung about that. And the third and fourth I think my dad took"*****
Then I realized it wasn't the ball doing bad, it was just the situation. I reconsidered and played them somemore, thinking possitavly. The next holes were heaven. I hit the pin on my 3rd shot on a par 5, and then a par 4 I approched it from 120 yards to knock it within 3 feet. These balls aren't the best, but are still really good balls. They good very strait and pretty far. They are pretty soft too. I have assest that Nike makes balls sometimes that arent suppose to be soft but accidentily do it anyways. It doesn't hurt. It's sad that the whole precision series has ended. The era of Nike golf where it all started, now all ending.

Nike is a good customer service company.

Read my other reviews, and look at the long list

September 8, 2004

Reviewed by: cannonball ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nike TA2 LNG

Summary:
Tried it, hate it!

This ball has a lot of nothing in my opinion. It is not as long as balls that are less expensive and/or more expensive and they do not stop on the green well at all. I played a 3/4 wedge shot into the green and hit 6 feet below the pin and rolled 8 feet passed the pin. This would be somewhat acceptable if these balls were actually really longer than the balls within $5.00 of the same price but they're not. For the same price you can play a much better ball with more distance and spin.

I would have considered trying the TA2 SPN ball but if the LNG is the "distance" version of that line I'd be scared to see the length of the SPN ball. The one positive about them is that they are durable, but you can buy "durable" balls at a fraction of the price of these slugs. If these balls were $20.00 a dozen they would still be too much.

Obviously I am not a fan of these but, the Nike One is a nice ball, of course they are quite a bit more expensive.

Not Neccesary

Ball after ball after ball.......

May 30, 2004

Reviewed by: WDRAM ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nike TA2|LNG

Summary:
Certainly not a bad ball from Nike, despite the inherent stigma of shelling out $30 for golf balls from a "shoe company". A very much medium feel with slight leanings toward the firm side, feels consistent and solid off the irons, with good durability. My favorite aspect about this ball that might lead to a few more boxes is the way it just seems more persistent in the air off the tee. I'm not a long hitter by any stretch of the imagination (230-245), but the TA2 cuts through the air a bit more than the Noodle.

Maxfli Noodle, Callaway HX Blue, Titleist DT SoLo, Nike TA2|SPN, Titleist NXT