>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Titleist DT Distance Balls Review

Titleist DT Distance

Two-piece technology For golfers seeking longer and straighter two-piece distance with cut-proof durability.

More Products from Titleist  >>

November 10, 2003

Reviewed by: NiTrOuSoXiDe145 ,  Shoots in the 90s

DT Distance

Summary:
This ball is pretty awesome. I get great distance and accuracy out of this ball. I play forged blades and these balls still feel soft. I only wish if they can hold the greens better...

Titleist DT SoLo, Titleist Tour Distance 90, Titleist Pro V1, Strata Tour Ultimate+

May 25, 2003

Reviewed by: Dustin Field ,  Shoots in the 90s , from Canada

Titleist Pro V1

Summary:
Very soft ball, great for putting and chipping, rolls beautifully, best ball i have ever played.

October 24, 2002

Reviewed by: loofe ,  Shoots in the 90s , from Vancouver, BC, Canada

Logo Overruns

Summary:
Very nice balls. Long and straight. I'm getting 15-20 yards more than the Top Flite 2000 ES although these are doubled the price. Worth it though, putting is true and doesn't feel too hard. The disadvantage is that it doesn't hold the green very well but I think it' still better than the TF2000. Will use it as my everyday ball now.

TF 2000 ES

October 7, 2002

Reviewed by: WStan ,  Shoots in the 90s

Titleist DT Distance

Summary:
This is the best Titleist ball I have ever played with and the only one I would consider buying; I've tried the HP line, the other DT's, and the newer NXT distance, which I believe is meant to replace the DT Distance (but is a POS, no better than an $8/15 Intech). It flies very straight, goes as long as nearly anything I've played and is quite durable. I hit one tee shot with it on a 285 yard par four with a highly elevated tee box, and my 3W ended up a couple of yards short of the green, directly in front of the pin; chipped to three feet and made the birdie. I found one and played with it for around 25 holes (which is terrific for me - I rarely go 18 holes without losing a ball). I finally had to replace it after a slight fade got caught by a left-right wind and I hit a cart path, scuffing the ball pretty significantly.

It has a good feel, neither too hard nor too soft, and sounds nice ringing off the face of my driver. It chips and putts well, too. I would say it's slightly above average in holding the greens, better than a Pinnacle or Top Flight XL2000, but obviously has less spin than a balata ball.

A very good ball and it's a good value (I'm not going to call it a budget ball, as some other guys who shoot in the 90's do who "prefer" their Pro V-1's and A10's - talk about ridiculous - no high handicapper benefits in any way except in status in the eyes of shallow golfers by spending $30-50 on a dozen pro level balls).

?

Better than the following: Pinnacle Gold, Pinnacle Extreme, Top Flight XL, XL2000 (titanium, distance and Magna Control [as straight or straighter plus 20+ yards more than the bigger Magna]), Maxfli M

March 19, 2002

Reviewed by: davidea ,  Shoots in the 80s , from Calgary, Alberta

Titleist DT Distance

Summary:
Great all-round ball. Straight, predictable, with all the spin that an 80's player really needs. Still prefer the Professional (when I can keep it on the fairway) for the feel. But I use the DT as my "everyday" ball.

Literally everything. Callaway clubs good, balls bad.