>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Titleist DT Solo Balls Review

Titleist DT Solo

The New Titleist DT SoLo features a soft compression, high velocity core and a soft Surlyn blend cover. This combination provides lower driver spin for long distance off the tee. The very low spin also helps golfers to minimize unintentional hook and slice sidespin for straighter distance. Unlike many other low spin distance golf balls, the DT SoLo still provides soft feel on all shots tee-to-green.

More Products from Titleist  >>

September 30, 2013

Reviewed by: GolfNut ,  Shoots in the 70s

DT SoLo

Summary:
The DT SoLo is, in my opinion, the best ball Titleist has ever produced for the money. It flies long and true off the driver and still has good stopping ability on the greens. I love the soft feel off the putter as well. I used to play the "384 DT 90" back in the day before the Pro V1 was invented. As far as I can tell the DT SoLo is an improved continuation of that ball. I've played the Pro V1 and it is a good ball, but only slightly better than the DT SoLo in my opinion. The DT SoLo can be purchased for $20 per dozen. That's 1/3 the price of a dozen Pro V1. In my opinion Titleist has a perfect combination of price and performance in the DT SoLo. I've tried many different balls over the years, including the Pro V1 and Pro V1x. I always end up coming back to the DT.

March 27, 2013

Reviewed by: Tim Arnold ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist Solo

Summary:
Longest & straightest ball yet, consistant distance & feel around the green, chips & putts run out, full shots stick & spin back easily. Love it, when playing someone with a tour ball and not a tour swing speed, blow by them all day long. lol Hey stuffy Pro Vers, shot in the high 70s 5 times on 3 different courses. Have to play a tour ball to play well - please lol. Also played various Pinnacle, Nike, Callaway, Max Fly, Bridgestone, & Srixon.

November 19, 2012

Reviewed by: Jonny Dunning ,  Shoots in the 90s

Titleist DT SoLo

Summary:
I gave this ball a go having done some reading up on golf balls; what a great decision that turned out to be! I'm a 24 handicapper, who doesn't hit it too far (7-Iron: 140 yards). This ball stays pretty straight of the driver, it fells so good off the irons, and is tidy on the greens. There is so much to be said for using the right ball for your game.

October 26, 2012

Reviewed by: Mike Johnson ,  Shoots in the 80s

Summary:
I've been extremely pleased with the overall playability of the DT Solo. My swing speed with the driver is upper 80s and I added 20-25 yards when I switched from a higher compression, higher spin ball. I was then pleasantly surprised when mid-trajectory iron shots stopped quickly, and chips and putts felt great and performed well - especially for under $20 per dozen. This will be my ball (I prefer the yellow one since it's so easy to see) for as long as Titleist manufactures it.

Titleist Tour Prestige, Srixon Soft Feel, TaylorMade Penta P.

October 25, 2010

Reviewed by: mhoner1 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Dt SoLo

Summary:
I'm not a spin player as most amateurs are not. The distance on this ball makes up for any spin lost aroung the greens. It is consistently straighter and 15-20 yards longer than tour balls. Nice feel greenside and putting. I don't need anything more from a ball. great distance!!!

Taylor TP. Bridgestone B series.