>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Titleist NXT Balls Review

Titleist NXT

The new NXT features Titleist's advanced solid core and Fusablend cover technologies. NXT has been improved by reformulating the 1.550'' core to provide more speed and lower spin at a softer compression. The NXT's reformulated cover also increases the ball speed and reduces driver spin. The result is an even longer NXT golf ball that maintains its short game spin and control.

More Products from Titleist  >>

April 15, 2011

Reviewed by: Ponnappa Ganapathy ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist NXT golf balls

Summary:
I have tried every golf ball out there and have come to the conclusion that the best all round golf ball in the world is the titleist nxt.

No disrespect to the tour balls like the pro v, penta etc but they are not as good all round balls. The rationale is as follows.

Distance. The nxt is better than the tour balls because it has less spin and is harder than tour balls but is shorter than distance balls though not by too much

Spin. The nxt does not spin as much as tour balls but definitely more than distance balls. The key here is that you can stop it on just about any green with a well hit shot though you can't get crazy backspin like the tour balls, which is sometimes a bad thing because going at a pin can sometimes mean landing it off the green to bring it backwards and then there are no guarantees of anything.

Durability. It is a reasonably durable cover and will last a couple of rounds without too much loss of performance. It doesn't scuff up like most tour balls which you would be lucky to have last a round. Yes the harder distance balls do last a bit longer but only at say 5 rounds compared to four at most.

Value for money. The nxt are not cheap but at mid range pricing and more durability than tour balls are way better. The cheaper balls are better priced.

Ability to work the ball. The nxt is maybe 80 percent as workable as the tour balls. Also it holds it's line much better in the wind. This means that you can't get a massive draw or fade as easily but it is also easier to hold into a cross wind unlike the tour balls. The distance balls are miserable at being worked and only the more expensive distance ones hold their lines well in cross winds.

Putting. The feel is slightly harder off the putter face than a tour ball but it tracks just as well as any of them and is not hot off the putter face which makes judging distance sommuch easier. The distance balls are like rocks and miserable to putt with.

Given all the above reasons I conclude that the nxt has to be the best all round golf ball in the world. Yes there are a lot of similar products from the other big companies (TM, callaway, bridgestone, Nike and srixon) but having tested them all I would have to say that the titleist is maybe 5 to 10 percent better than them, though a bit more expensive. Let's face it, titleist have to cover the cost of paying millions to all the tour players they sponsor.

Never used it though titleist claim they will replace the ball if it gets cut during normal course of play

Just about every golf ball from the best to the worst

July 26, 2010

Reviewed by: Kyle C ,  Shoots in the 80s

Titleist NXT

Summary:
My game is normally only good on or around the green. That is until I found an NXT while I was golfing. The four teeshots that I hit with this ball were bombs. They were also as straight as I had ever hit them. But once I lost it, I started fading and drawing them and it really ruined my score. They don't take anything away from the short game except for the spin. Don't expect it to check, but you can always compensate for that, right? The price isn't that bad either so I just might have to buy a dozen of these.

Pro V1
Pro V1x
Bridgestone E5

September 6, 2009

Reviewed by: Gern ,  Shoots in the 80s

NXT Extreme

Summary:
I bought a sleeve at the proshop in order to test them out. I found them affordable, durable, and playable. Titleist has really got a winner with this one.
I was playing another brand that was soft and had noticed some loss of length. Because I was being outhit on each tee by my opponent I decided to buy a sleeve of these at the turn. On the first hold I was 20 yards ahead of him and I did not look back!
This ball offers affordable distance while still giving you some feel around the greens. Needless to say I have no regrets buying that sleeve and I will be buying more of them.

Callaway ix

August 20, 2008

Reviewed by: blhenson ,  Shoots in the 90s

Titleist NXT

Summary:
I used to be a low 80's player, but left the game for a decade just returning recently. I have been trying various balls to see what fits my current game best. As a part of that I bought a couple of sleeves of NXT balls. I found them to be reasonably straight, but quite a bit shorter than some of the other balls I have been playing (including, inevitably the Pro v). The ball sticks fine on the longer approach shots, but tends to run on chips. It will not be the ball I use in the future.

Many

October 13, 2007

Reviewed by: bjdrivers ,  Shoots in the 80s

NXT (Newer model)

Summary:
Great ball for the price. Performs just like the Prov1x for half the price!!

Prov1x, HX Tour