>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Titleist Tour Balata Balls Review

Titleist Tour Balata

Liquid-filled center wound technology For golfers seeking the highest spin and softest feel for shot-shaping workability, short game control and tour-proven liquid-filled center wound ball performance. 90/100 compression

More Products from Titleist  >>

December 8, 2008

Reviewed by: Daniel ,  Shoots in the 70s

Summary:
these balls spin so much please sell more

October 22, 2007

Reviewed by: Travis ,  Scratch Golfer

Titleist Tour Balata 100

Summary:
Man, these balls used to be the stuff. If you knock the stuff out of it, the drive might wind up 270 out. I really miss these balls, you truly exerience a different style of golf with wound as compared to the Pro V. I wish they still made these.

April 7, 2007

Reviewed by: Tom ,  Scratch Golfer

Titleist tour balata 90

Summary:
Hot dang dinglying dang these things are nice. Cold day? You've gotta have that tour balata 90 if you're going to enjoy thinning the ball with blades. There's no other ball quite like it, although I'm a big fan of the Callaway HX blue which I find almost as soft.

December 14, 2006

Reviewed by: bjdrivers ,  Shoots in the 80s

Tour Balata 90

Summary:
This ball is a bit outdated now, but it's still the best short-game ball ever made. If you play on cheap municipal courses with hard, bermuda greens you will love this ball. It would spin back if it landed on ice! Problem is, it's not durable at all and will cut & scuff very easily.

June 15, 2006

Reviewed by: lambo69 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Tour Balata 90

Summary:
My old man had a pack of these in his garage and handed me them last week.
I decided to play with them the next day and I couldnt believe I had forgotton how soft these balls were. Before the Pro V1 this used to be the ball I played. No wonder I thought the Pro V1 felt like a brick when it first came out because the Tour Balata feels like putty.
The feel from around the greens is unreal and the back spin theses balls generate is remarkable. I hit an 100 yard shot with my new Vokey Spin wedge and the ball landed up the back of the green and must have spun back about 25 feet. However when I got to the green and pick up the ball, the cover was ripped to pieces.
Yip the Tour Balata's are not very durable at all. I was also hitting it about 10-12 yards shorter than the Pro-V1.
However for spin and fell the Pro-V1 is no match for the Tour Balata.