>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Top-Flite Gamer Balls Review

Top-Flite Gamer

Building upon the success of the Top-Flite D2® Golf Balls, Top-Flite has taken the benefits of proprietary Dimple in Dimple Aerodynamics and put it into a 3-piece performance golf ball that’s long, soft and generates more short-game spin for total control tee to green. The thin cover is made of a soft ionomer, and when combined with a firm ionomer boundary layer and a highly resilient rubber core, it gives golfers a ball that performs like no other in the Top-Flite lineup. It’s your secret weapon, your “go-to” ball. It’s your Gamer.

Seamless Dimple in Dimple™ Aerodynamics - Unique aerodynamic surface maintains spin longer throughout flight, allowing the ball to hold its line and maintain lift longer without ballooning. It also increases aerodynamic efficiency by reducing drag, maximizing distance for a wide range of swing speeds.

Soft, Thin Ionomer Cover - Provides enhanced feel and better control around the greens with increased short-game spin.

Large, High-Resiliency Core - Provides outstanding distance while maintaining soft feel.

Firm Boundary Layer - Works with the core to increase ball speed and helps minimize spin off the driver for long distance.

More Products from Top-Flite  >>

Web Address
Information Added By

Callaway Golf

October 12, 2013

Reviewed by: ALJ ,  Shoots in the 70s

Summary:
Great ball for the money I normally play the pro v this ball does everything a pro v does for half the price, you just need to hit consistant shots, awesome deal for $19.00 at Dicks. Good playing all.

June 6, 2013

Reviewed by: j satin ,  Shoots in the 80s

topflite gamer

Summary:
I've been playing ProV1 balls for the past two years shooting in the 70's and 80's.
As i've gotten older, distance has become a problem to the point that my game has become one of fairway woods and hybrids as opposed to irons.

I happened to try a sleeve of topflite gamers yesterday and surprizongly noted a great difference than with the prov1's. The gamer's were launching lower and were traveling 25+ yds more with a driver and 15 yards more with a 3hl and 5 wood.

The spin on half wedges and chips was noticably less and the same was experienced with 8 irons and hybrids [ about 10-12' of roll after hitting the green].

Although the short game may suffer to a degree with the Gamers, the ability to come into a green with an 8 iron as opposed to a 5 iron may more than make up for any short game downside.

I was really surprized.
jos

February 21, 2013

Reviewed by: Edward Rubin ,  Shoots in the 80s

topflite gamer v2

Summary:
I was hesitant to play with a Topflite ball because until the Gamer came along the old topflites felt as if I was hitting a rock! This is a great price compromise for those who "have to hit a high priced ball". It has great feel, spins enough for someone who can hit a spin, and goes far enough when struck the way a golf ball is supposed to be struck! I'm sold on it and it's the only ball I use.

Titleist NXtour, Nike PD soft, Bridgestone e6

February 1, 2013

Reviewed by: Mike Coffelt ,  Scratch Golfer

Top Flite Gamer v2

Summary:
I normally play the Pro V1, but I hit my drive into the water on number 9. While looking for it, I found a Gamer v2. I decided to play with it from there since this was just a practice round and I wanted to try it. I had to hit out in the fairway and pitch onto the green. The ball checked better than I expected for a top flite. I made the putter to save bogey and shoot 2 over on the front. The ball performed great on the back with a wind that prevented reaching two of the par 4s in regulation, but the ball was very controllable with the wedge and I got up and down on both occasions. Shot 2 under on the back for an even 71. It has changed my opinion about the top flite golf ball. I felt no difference between it and the Pro V1. It impressed me enough to try a dozen.

September 2, 2012

Reviewed by: Pat B ,  Shoots in the 90s

Gamer v2

Summary:
A long time Titleist fan, I had recently been playing the NXT Tour and NXT Tour S. My game has been inconsistent, and I have been losing 4-5 balls in hazards on many rounds. Looking for a less expensive but playable ball, the Gamer v2 seemed to have great reviews. Played it yesterday for the first time and had a great front 9 (for me). The ball was as long as the NXT Tour and closer to the NXT Tour S around the greens. My swing fell apart on the back 9 and I lost 4 balls (saved at least a buck on each one). Great feel and distance with excellent value, it is now my ball.