>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Volvik Blue 90 Balls Review

Volvik Blue 90

Volvik is focused on the technological development of golf balls and as a result, has obtained twenty patents on balls. The company is fast becoming one of the most significant golf ball manufacturers in the world.

October 31, 2005

Reviewed by: Gazornan ,  Shoots in the 80s

Blue 90

Summary:
After my brother-in-law cleaned out my bag (to his gain)prior to playing, I found I only had two decent (new) balls reaining for my round. I lost the first one, a Callaway HX Blue (one of my personal favorites, especially as the wind kicks up), in the frosty shadows on the second fairway. I played on with a Titleist NXT (another ball I really like), when I overdrove the seventeen fairway and splashed my last NXT. My father-in-law, in a rare act of generosity, gave me a sleeve of Volvik Blue 90s his brother had brought back from a trade show in Shanghi.
I finished out the round and played another 18 with the Blue 90s, and I must say, it is a very good ball. It played every bit as well as the NXT. The ball was long and controllable. Like other 90 compression balls, it putted very well and had great feel around the greens. This ball belied it's relatively high compression off the tee. I could tell you it was longer than NXTs, but as a 11 handicap, my swing is not really consitant enough to know for sure, as the season is changing, any additional rollout may have been a product of firmer fairways. I can say, this ball worked well for my game. I am searching the internet for this ball and I am very happy with the prices I am seeing.
I have compared this ball favorably to some quality 3-piece balls. I shot my first even-par round with this ball, so may have been swayed by that, or it may be a product of this ball, either way, I can honestly say:
THIS IS THE BEST TWO-PIECE BALL I HAVE EVER PLAYED.

Wish this ball was more readily available.