>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Wilson Zip Balls Review

Wilson Zip

Wilson Staff Zip as in Zero; a zero compression core that is the softest in the game. Zip as in speed; faster off the tee for maximum distance. Zip as in spin; shot-stopping control into and around the green. It's the perfect option for players seeking soft feel, great distance and greenside control.

Wilson Staff Zip Golf Balls feature:

Inside, a zero compression core is so soft that it registers "zero" on golf's Atti compression testing equipment
Behind the patent-pending zero compression core is a high-velocity Neodymium catalyzed polybutadiene
The unique rubber blend in the core uses a minimum of curatives to produce an ultra-soft (very low compression) core with good resilience
Patented HPF mantle layer encases the zero compression core with a speed-generating mantle for distance and higher iron spin rates
Super-soft ionomer cover grabs the club face for higher spin and amazingly soft feel
Unique flat-bottomed, shallow dimples rip through the air to create a more stable, penetrating flight

More Products from Wilson  >>

January 17, 2013

Reviewed by: Jason Denaro ,  Shoots in the 70s

Wilson Staff ZIP golf ball

Summary:
I am a PGA International Master Teaching Pro and owner of Mind Power Golf Schools. I'm sure that if Wilson paid enough money to have a tour player use this ball, they'd probably be able to market the ZIP for $4 per ball. I buy them from a seller in Florida who ships free. Just bought my second lot of 6 dozen for $52 shipped to Hawaii. This is the BEST ball I've ever played at any price. Every bit as good as the Titleist Pro Vi. In fact I used the last dozen of my Pro Vi balls on the range just to get rid of them. You HAVE to try the zero compression ZIP. It's THE BEST and way too cheap. (Shhh!) Jason Denaro PH.D Director of Instruction.www.mindpowergolf.com

December 20, 2012

Reviewed by: Leon ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wilson ZIP golf balls

Summary:
I have been playing the Wilson ZIP golf balls for over 6-months. This is the BEST golf ball for the price. The feel of the golf ball reminds me of the old Titleist balata balls. Great feel and distance.

Titleist ProV

May 26, 2012

Reviewed by: Dan Neideffer ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wilson Staff Zip

Summary:
Best ball I've ever used period and the price is fantastic. Read some reviews and decided to try some. Bought 48 balls for 49.00 @ goofballs. com. I've tried lots of goofballs and these compare quite well with Pro Vs, but a lot less money. They feel like butter when struck, distance isn't bad and they stick on greens. After the first round playing with them, I got home from the course and bought 4 more boxes. I hope Wilson keeps these in production - can't justify paying the pro v price.

Srixon tri speed, Pro V1, Callaway, etc.

December 25, 2010

Reviewed by: Will ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wilson Zip

Summary:
I picked this ball up for a steal at Martin's Golf in Myrtle Beach for only $4.99 per dozen, new!

Whether they worked for me or not didn't matter, I figured my son could always use them. At that price, I wasn't about to walk away as I bought 8 dozen.

I should have bought more, since I'd yet to try them out I didn't want to buy too much. ;-)

I was concerned playing a "zero compression" core ball. My swing speed isn't the fastest but I do get it up between 110-115 mph with driver.

I played the ball for two full rounds in overcast/misty weather at about 45 degrees. Off the driver, I got more than acceptable distance (not the longest I've played but just fine in the distance department). Ball-flight was mid-height and penetrating. Irons, distance and shot shape, were consistent with a satisfying click at impact. Short approaches do suffer a bit of roll out but it's not really much and I found it easy to adjust. Off the putter, while I wouldn't call the feel soft, I do have to say that I liked the feel very much. My lag putting with this ball was better than it was all week with my regular ball (Taylor Made TP Red LDP).

Even after the round in a side by side comparison with my regular ball on the practice green, hands down, I lagged better with the Zip. Being that longer putts have always been a problem for me, that's a very big plus for the Zip.

Overall, I'd say this is a fantastic ball. At the price I scored it for, it's a no-brainer. But even at four times the cost, I'd still consider it to be a very, very solid ball. Surprising, at least to me, but very true indeed.

Maybe summer temps will prove the zero compression core to be not so good of a fit for me, I don't know. But for now, in the cooler weather at least, they're very safely in the bag.

November 28, 2010

Reviewed by: wildthing ,  Shoots in the 90s

Wilson Zip golf ball

Summary:
Finally found my golf ball. Have fallin in love with this ball.My driving accuracy has improved by 15% and I love the feel when putting with this ball. Very little side spin when driving this ball. I hit this ball straiter and further than any ball I have ever used. Living in canada you can't find them new any more so i buy them used from Knetgolf.com for 12.95 a dozen what a steal. this ball stops on dime no matter which iron you use. The best ball period.

all 3 piece and most 4 piece golf balls