>>Reviews >> Balls >>

Wilson Zip Balls Review

Wilson Zip

Wilson Staff Zip as in Zero; a zero compression core that is the softest in the game. Zip as in speed; faster off the tee for maximum distance. Zip as in spin; shot-stopping control into and around the green. It's the perfect option for players seeking soft feel, great distance and greenside control.

Wilson Staff Zip Golf Balls feature:

Inside, a zero compression core is so soft that it registers "zero" on golf's Atti compression testing equipment
Behind the patent-pending zero compression core is a high-velocity Neodymium catalyzed polybutadiene
The unique rubber blend in the core uses a minimum of curatives to produce an ultra-soft (very low compression) core with good resilience
Patented HPF mantle layer encases the zero compression core with a speed-generating mantle for distance and higher iron spin rates
Super-soft ionomer cover grabs the club face for higher spin and amazingly soft feel
Unique flat-bottomed, shallow dimples rip through the air to create a more stable, penetrating flight

More Products from Wilson  >>

August 11, 2016

Reviewed by: Dominick ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wilson zip

Summary:
I have done my testing, this is my new ball! No doubts! I've been playing callaway chrome, titleist pro v and nxt, amongst many others, and for my game, i put this ball right there with the best of them! Maybe a pro might notice more of a difference, but for us amateurs we will be very unlikely to notice, and at like 75% less cost we would be fools! My driver swing speed is in the 103mph area and this ball feels excellent, and throughout the set as well, seriously consider trying this one out, i doubt you will regret!

Callaway, titleist, srixon, bridgestone, etc.

June 24, 2016

Reviewed by: Gary flight ,  Shoots in the 80s

Zip golf ball

Summary:
I have used this golf ball for about 4 years now and would not want to use any other. I am way farther than my fellow golfers who were farther before I started using Zip. I agree if a PGA player used these we would not be getting the deal we are. Do your self a favour and pick up a dozen, oh what the hell get a gross, you won't be disappointed.

Titeilst pro v

May 17, 2016

Reviewed by: Pete Gherardini ,  Shoots in the 90s

Wilson Zip

Summary:
I play the e-6, DT solo, Nike PD soft balls, my swing speed is not what it use to be as I am almost 70. This Zip is every bit as good as any of the above in every category at a fraction of the price. If I could give it 10 stars I would in a heart beat. I gave all my other balls to my friends and I am now a ZIP Guy, THAT A GREAT BALL!!!!!

August 19, 2015

Reviewed by: JJ ,  Shoots in the 80s

Wilson Zip

Summary:
I was prepared to love these based on the reviews. Wow, was I disappointed. Nothing bad about the ball, but nothing great either. Distance wasn't as long as Nikes and while the ball is soft, it's also mushy.

No need.

Nike RXN, Tommy Armour 845s, lots of others.

January 17, 2013

Reviewed by: Jason Denaro ,  Shoots in the 70s

Wilson Staff ZIP golf ball

Summary:
I am a PGA International Master Teaching Pro and owner of Mind Power Golf Schools. I'm sure that if Wilson paid enough money to have a tour player use this ball, they'd probably be able to market the ZIP for $4 per ball. I buy them from a seller in Florida who ships free. Just bought my second lot of 6 dozen for $52 shipped to Hawaii. This is the BEST ball I've ever played at any price. Every bit as good as the Titleist Pro Vi. In fact I used the last dozen of my Pro Vi balls on the range just to get rid of them. You HAVE to try the zero compression ZIP. It's THE BEST and way too cheap. (Shhh!) Jason Denaro PH.D Director of Instruction.www.mindpowergolf.com