Bang O-Matic Drivers Review

Bang O-Matic

• The head of the Bang-O-Matic is cast
  • Casting is more consistent than forging
  • O-Matic appeal to players that dislike great big clubheads
  • To accomplish what Bang Golf wanted to which is Flow Alignment (FA) they had to cast

October 7, 2009

Reviewed by: David Woolmer ,  Shoots in the 70s

Bang_O-Matic 460 Driver

Summary:
I have recently purchased a Bang-O-Matic head and had it fitted with a 55 grammes Fujikura Motore F1 Regular shaft. I also own a Callaway F-5 with a Fujikura E150 shaft. The Bang goes like a proverbial rocket with a lovely sound off the face, a high, very long-carrying flight and plenty of roll. At 73 on a firm, not hard, fairway I can still get 270 yards, 15 yards further than the Callaway!

The head of the Bang looks, and sits better than any driver I have ever owned even when I was a plus h/c golfer! I only wish that I had had a driver of this quality thirty years ago!Superb looks and performance!

Not necessary

Callaway FT-5

October 1, 2008

Reviewed by: thraves1 ,  Shoots in the 70s

bang o matic 9* with aldila vs70 proto stiff

Summary:
I bought this on a whim, in almost new condition for £60 + P & P, and I was blown away.The shaft plays a huge part and this Aldila VS 70 proto is good.
The flight was perfect no ballooning, just long air time and roll.I own an Alpha v2,an alpha 830.2 plasma, an el diablo,SMT o2 etc and this is better for me than all these drivers in my closet, to date
I can hit gentle draws and fades but not the big ugly right and left shots.
the secret is to find the correct tee height and let rip.
The head is attractive and craftsmanship Iis EXCELLENT and paintwork is superb .

YOU MUST FIND THE RIGHT SHAFT FOR ANY DRIVER HEAD TO WORK FOR YOU BUT THS BANG O MATIC 9* IS JUST GREAT

NO NEED TO USE

ALPHA V2 9.5*, ALPHA 830.2 PLASMA 8.5*, EL DIABLO 9* (This was poor quality junk)
SMT 02 9*

July 23, 2008

Reviewed by: banger ,  Shoots in the 70s

Bang O Matic 460

Summary:
purchased it with a XX shaft in and and just BOMMMMMBED it. very impressed with the head itself. just snapped the shaft today but overall a great driver, i wouldnt trade it for anything else. very easy to work the ball and control it. anyone who says they dont like it or cant hit it cant say its the driver, its the shaft causing problems

cobra x speed

January 4, 2008

Reviewed by: DB 2 TEE ,  Shoots in the 70s

Bang O Matic Driver 460cc

Summary:
I hoped for great things when I took delivery of this club and but within the first half a dozen balls the bubble had burst. I'm not sure what equipment people are currently using to say that the BANG goes excessisely further than what they have. Dont get me wrong, it's is good club that hits the ball well with a good trajectory but I dont think it will take the place of my current Taylor Made driver as it doesn't have the same "solid" strike feel. I did find it to be quite a straight hitting driver but on the flip side quite hard to shape the ball with even with a soft shaft (UST Pro Force v2 65g Reg Flex). It's good value for money, it's great looking, it has a nice swing weight but I didn't find it could deliver the same distance as an identically lofted driver with a slightly smaller head (440cc). There is nothing wrong with this club, it just didn't work as well as I had hoped but I won't be parting with it!!!!!

Taylor Made 580XD with a stock shaft, Callaway 454 with a Graffalloy Blue Shaft,
Ping T-ISI with a UST Pro Force.
Biggest Big Bertha 7 Degree

October 26, 2007

Reviewed by: Billy Oliveira ,  Shoots in the 70s

Bang O Matic

Summary:
The BOM 460 head is outstanding and with a Graffloy 2x shaft at 47in and is a very lethal combination. I started hitting 300yard drives very easily. Their is only one problem that I have had and thats keeping in in the Fairway. I have a Taylor made super quad and have lost some distance with it , but I keep it in the fairway often. Im buying another BOM 460, and I have got a tip from a Good Freind on how to keep the longer Shafted club in play. The BOM 460 is by far the longest club that I have hit.

Taylormade Super Quad, Cleveland Launcher