Bridgestone J33R Drivers Review

Bridgestone J33R

• Forged Titanium face
  • Square face angle
  • Deep face design leads to higher launch angles
  • Higher initial ball velocity

December 20, 2010

Reviewed by: Lisa ,  Scratch Golfer

Bridgestone J33R 460 10.5

Summary:
An excellent low spin driver with great distance. I'd been using a TaylorMade Tour Issue 400cc driver with a square face. This club is a lot easier to hit, and I've been very accurate with it. I have drivers with both the Speeder 553 and VS Proto "by You" 60 gram (not the OEM version) shaft. Both are great with this driver. And I also think a low spin shaft like the NV would be good as well. I don't change drivers much - but this was worth it.

Cleveland Launcher 320; Taylormade R5 TP with Speeder 661.

July 10, 2009

Reviewed by: chad3 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Bridgestone J33 R Driver

Summary:
i started of with a callaway steel head big bertha. hit it great for about a month then one my mates brought a new titlest and gave me the J33 to use its been about a month now and have not mist one fairway averaging 260+ meters each time. must say its the best driver and most proberly the easiest to control.

callaway steelhead bigbetha 10 degree

July 1, 2009

Reviewed by: hubijerk ,  Scratch Golfer

J33R 460 8.5 NV 75X

Summary:
Let me start off by saying that the last model of driver I used with any long term loyalty was a Titleist 905T 8.5 NV 75 x. I bought this club along with a 905R with a Proforce 84G shaft. I tried really hard to like the 905R, but after several rounds I put the Bridgestone in the bag and am now putting the 905R up on ebay. The J33R 460 is a fabulous driver. distance is about what I would expect from a modern clubhead on mis-hits, great. On flush contact... the thing launches nukes. the ballflight doesn't look all that impressive from the tee box (the 905R ballflight looked amazing, but the Bridgestone was consistently longer off the tee by at least 15-20 yards, seriously) but the ball moves, low, boring trajectory that gets where it's going in a hurry. Sound is pleasant, and noticeably different from a flush hit to a mis hit, not easy to work, not particularly forgiving, but adequate in the forgiveness department. This driver was made for 1 thing.. maximizing distance off the tee... and it in that goal Bridgestone has succeeded. Soon I will be swapping out the NV 75x shaft with an NV proto, I think this will be an even better combo for me... but in the mean time I am very happy with the Bridgestone, cheap on ebay, but I find it hard to believe that there is a much better Driver out there at this time, for any price.

never had to use it.

Titleist 905T, 905R

June 8, 2009

Reviewed by: Christopher Pizzuti ,  Shoots in the 80s

Bridgestone j33R

Summary:
Needed a new driver last wednesday, while at the proshop (Westover) the pro said make me an offer. I offered $150.00 (NEW) and he took it!! I guess trying to rid of a lot of inventory. In any event, I thought the deal was to good to be true (a $299.99 for $150.00). I thought I may have been buying a "Dog" but needed a driver for that day. Nice Club!!!!!!!!!!!! Smacking the heck out of the ball. Played with it twice and twice at the range.

none

May 10, 2009

Reviewed by: Swing34639 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Bridgestone J33r Driver 10.5

Summary:
BEST DRIVER EVER MADE! I had this driver for less than 1 week, found it used at Golfsmith 10.5 with prolaunch red shaft. This driver is longer, accurate and more forgiving than any other diver that I have owned and I have owned a lot. The 10.5 and shaft combination gives me a mid launch with lots of carry and roll. I've been averaging 260 yds off the tee with my old DRIVERS but now I am driving the ball 285+ yds with wedge accuracy.

None needed

Callaway FT-i LCG, TM R7 Superquad TP, Titlelist 907 D2, Titleist 905R, and many more.