Callaway Big Bertha 460 Drivers Review

Callaway Big Bertha 460

The Big Bertha 460 Driver is designed with a geometry close to the dimensional limit set by the USGA/R&A for length and width. This enables Callaway Golf engineers to incorporate a 460cc head design with a shallower face, flatter shape and the highest Moment of Inertia ever in a Callaway Golf all-titanium head-resulting in longer and straighter off-center shots. In addition, the Stretched Head Design allows the center of gravity (CG) to be positioned deeper within the clubhead to achieve optimum ball flight and maximum forgiveness.

More Products from Callaway  >>

November 5, 2014

Reviewed by: Bill ,  Shoots in the 80s

Big Bertha 460 9 degree

Summary:
Found a head in the creek grass that was very rough. Stripped and repainted it and put a Taylormade Burner stiff shaft, 44.25 long that had been broken at the hosel. I figured it would be so stiff I could not get it in the air. What a magnificent surprise. Best and longest driver I have ever hit and I think I have owned most. It hits high with a slight draw. I am blown away.

none

I have played most brands and built several myself

June 26, 2012

Reviewed by: Forrest ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway 460 Driver 9*

Summary:
Hello, my name is Forrest. People call me Forrest. My Momma always said that hitting driver is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna' get. She also told me "Forrest, you are no differnt than anyone else". I love my momma. She was right in that no man can hit a driver that's too stiff.

The other day I was runnin' around town, just minding my own business when I saw the most beautiful girl in the whole wide world. Her name was Jenny. Jenny and I were like peas and carrots. Anyway, she was outside the golf store talkin' to the golf pro and standing REAL close to him. He must really know golf.

Well, I went inside and wouldn't you know it? I saw Lieutenant Dang in the golf simulator. He was sittin' in his wheelchair swingin' and cussin' and sayin' all kinds of things I didn't know what they meant.

Lieutenant Dang saw me and said "Forrest, get over here you idiot and watch my swing. I can't get my leg movement right". I was confused and said "but, Lieutenant Dang, you ain't got no legs". That's when Lieutenant Dang hit me in the side with a Callaway Big Bertha 460 driver.

I guess they call it the Big Bertha after Eli Callaway's great, great grandmother. You see, Eli's mother made clubs and her mother before her made clubs, and her mother before her made clubs.

Well, Jenny was off in the back room with the stock manager. I'm sure he was trying to explain the benefits of proper shaft fitting.

I took that Big Bertha club and hit the ball 295 yards into the net. This big green TV showed me how long I hit it. Now don't go and ask me how that TV knew all that. I may not have told you, but I can play golf like the wind. First time out at Greenbough CC I shot a 72 with my magic shoes.

Jenny and I are going out for ice cream. She was all tired and sweaty when we left the store. That nice manager guy must have really taught her how to swing a club. He's a nice man.

I bought the Big Bertha 460 with the money that I got off my Ping Pong paddle sales and Bubba Gump Shrimpin'. We got more money than Davey Crocket.

I called and told them I'm keepin' the driver.

I've only used two drivers since being shot in the buttocks.

September 15, 2010

Reviewed by: Andy ,  Scratch Golfer

Summary:
Callaway Big Bertha 460 Driver boasts an all-titanium clubhead. Among its unique features is its modified version of Callaway's special S2H2 Bore-Through hosel (S2H3). The design shifts a significant portion of the head weight away from the hosel and heel and distributes it to the perimeter. The wider head shape results in the highest MOI of all the Callway titanium head drivers, producing more stability and straighter shots.Its hitting face is also made from titanium.using Callaway's patented VFT (Variable Face Technology) design. The face features varied thicknesses to increase forgiveness and prevent loss of distance on mis-hits. Its flex shaft is a made up of senior graphite.The shaft, the Callaway BB 460 NVS, has a low kick-point, mid-flex and standard senior torque to allow older players to get through impact without the need to make the powerful turns and hand rotations they might have been accustomed to in their stronger playing days. the type of the driver with top quality, beautiful appearance, reasonable price is well-liked . Which is longer and straighter ball can flight on off-center shots. So choosing the Big Bertha 460 Driver is right..( http://www.sfyh.com/co4242)

Love it nice balance swing weight and fly dose it fly. Sound not the best off the face, want to look ever time you hit it.

Callaway Big Bertha 460 Driver boasts an all-titanium clubhead. Among its unique features is its modified version of Callaway's special S2H2 Bore-Through hosel (S2H3). The design shifts a significant portion of the head weight away from the hosel and heel and distributes it to the perimeter. The wider head shape results in the highest MOI of all the Callway titanium head drivers, producing more stability and straighter shots.Its hitting face is also made from titanium.using Callaway's patented VFT (Variable Face Technology) design. The face features varied thicknesses to increase forgiveness and prevent loss of distance on mis-hits. Its flex shaft is a made up of senior graphite.The shaft, the Callaway BB 460 NVS, has a low kick-point, mid-flex and standard senior torque to allow older players to get through impact without the need to make the powerful turns and hand rotations they might have been accustomed to in their stronger playing days. the type of the driver with top quality, beautiful appearance, reasonable price is well-liked . Which is longer and straighter ball can flight on off-center shots. So choosing the Big Bertha 460 Driver is right.( http://www.sfyh.com/co4242)c

January 9, 2010

Reviewed by: tt ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway Big Bertha 2007 Driver

Summary:
Had it two years now. Such an easy to use driver which will give you lots more confidence. I always draw my drives but at times calling up a fade is simple with this club. Good distance, feels the right weight during the swing. It is almost less than half price now and a lot of people never pay attention to this baby. It has to be the best of all drivers I'd used and tried. Don't forget: Drive for doe too!

November 18, 2009

Reviewed by: David Hancock ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway BB 460 9* Stiff

Summary:
I got hold of one of these from eBay for a friend and gave it a go - well it was awesome so I got another one also from eBay for $115 AUS all up in good condition used. I have used a number of drivers in the last few years Titleists, NIKE SUMO, Cleveland 460 Comp( also very good) but the BB 460 is by far the best both for distance,direction and forgiveness - I hit more fairways with this driver than ever before - super club and great value for money - it has to be a Callaway Classic.

Not used.