Callaway Big Bertha ERC II Drivers Review

Callaway Big Bertha ERC II

The ERC II Driver has created a world wide stir with it's hot "ultra-thin" Forged Titanium face (which has been deemed illegal for tournament play by the USGA.. From Callaway Golf: "A revolutionary breakthrough in golf club technology," the ERCII features, "a large, ultra-thin forged titanium face with 'Variable Face Thickness' (VFT) Technology, and delivers greater ball speed, forgiveness."

More Products from Callaway  >>

August 8, 2013

Reviewed by: Henry garcia ,  Shoots in the 70s

ERC 2

Summary:
I bought this club and others in a yard sale! I didn't know what I was about to encounter. I was playing with a titleist 910 d3 and when I tried the erc 2 I put my titleist away. The erc 2 was averaging about 30 to 40 yards longer off the tee ( 9* stiff fujikara 45 inch shaft) I couldn't believe it! I play in several home course matches and was easily using a wedge or 9 iron instead of a 6 or 7 iron on some par 4's This club worked fore so well that I bought another one as a back up and paid 4 times more than I had at the yard sale.

Cobra 430 ss - bang golf bangastein - Taylor made r360

May 8, 2013

Reviewed by: David Vahlkamp ,  Shoots in the 70s

Callaway ERCII

Summary:
Best driver ever, (9 degrees)

It is true that you have to hit the sweet spot. but you should do that with all drivers and all irons. if you cant hit the sweet spot get some training. i am a ext. hcp 6.0 player and i have a lot of fun with this driver with an average drive of 382 Yards i am very satisfied. it brings you a longer drive. i also hit with long drive drivers of 4 degrees and with this ERCII i allmost hit the same lenght. just tee the ball a bit more up to the nose of your left foor (RH Players) and it will be easyer to hit.

taylormade R11 was also a very nice club but could not compete with the ERCII of Callaway

March 13, 2011

Reviewed by: steve herman ,  Shoots in the 80s

erc11

Summary:
anyone know of erc11 for sale anywhere. i had one and let it get away. e-mail me if you see or know of one. paherman@bellsouth.net

July 18, 2010

Reviewed by: jay ,  Shoots in the 80s

erc2

Summary:
isnt this club illegal to use in comps??

Little size head can be a pain... and dosent have the best sound, other then that, its the best driver i have ever hit... hiting straighter and further with less effort

September 11, 2007

Reviewed by: Tim Harper ,  Shoots in the 80s

ERC 2

Summary:
I would like to say that this is the best driver I have ever hit. The ball just jumps off of the clubface I have just played a round at a 7700 yard course and shot a low for the year a 82 becuase of the driver. We had a best ball tournament and 17 of the 18 holes were mine becuase of this driver. The only thing left was a 100 in almost every par 4. If you are having trouble shooting with it. Check your swing. I believe this is ten times better than anything out here on the market now. 8-11-07 If I had to rate this club I would give it a ten out of ten

p.s. If you swing from the inside there is no way you can find this club hard to hit. I found this club impossible to mis hit.