Callaway Big Bertha Fusion FT-3 Tour Drivers Review

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion FT-3 Tour

The new Big Bertha Fusion FT-3 Tour Driver combines a slightly open face and optimized center of gravity position for a trajectory preferred by more skilled players. The ultra-hot titanium cup-face provides blazing distance and Fusion technology delivers incredible accuracy.

More Products from Callaway  >>

June 17, 2013

Reviewed by: rosco ,  Shoots in the 70s

Big Bertha Fusion FT-3 Tour

Summary:
the club is the best driver that I own it help a 200 yard to a 260 yard shots it is a good club has some problem with the handle but still a real good club for $20 could not be beat

July 22, 2011

Reviewed by: Vicente ,  Shoots in the 70s

Callaway Ft-3 9.5 tour driver

Summary:
I saw this club at a local shop and thought to myself i need a good driver i switched from a taylormade r7 superquad to this callaway driver and it took some adjusting too but as soon as i got comfortable i was hitting the ball 20yds farther averaging 280- 310yds. I must say for 50 dollars it was a steal.

Talyormade Superquad

May 3, 2011

Reviewed by: srcontois ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway Fusion Tour FT-3

Summary:
I traded in the original Nike SQ driver for the pre-owned FT-3. I tested the FT-3 against Ping G15 & Nike SQ Square head. The data the launch monitor spit out made the decision very easy. I increased my average distance from 245 to 260. Increased roll from 7-15 yards and tightened dispersion by 40%. The 45" shaft makes it easier for me to control then the 45 1/2" G15. Plus, I hit the sweet spot more consistently with shorter shaft which increases the distance. The Square head Nike SQ balloned on me which probably was the result of a poor fit with my swing. The Nike SQ was impossible to work either direction. The FT-3 is pleasing to the eye, plenty forgiving, and HOT off the face. For the prices FT-3 can be picked up for its crazy to drop $500 on a new big stick unless you really fall in love with something shiny.

Golf Galaxy customer service was 5 star. The sales rep was fantastic and had to be working on comission for that level of service. I am a new fan of club fitting. I decreased loft by 1 degree, increased shaft flex, upgraded technology, and picked up 15 yards and hit ball straighter.

Ping G15
Nike SQ Square head
Cleveland Hi-bore

October 6, 2010

Reviewed by: PhilJunior04 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion FT-3 Tour 9.5*

Summary:
Just got this club and took it out to the range for a test-run. I couldn't wipe the smile off myself as I watched ball after ball sail past my old longest distance and just keep on going. The low-mid ball flight led to amazing amounts of run, something I could never achieve with my old driver. This club looks great at address, and seems to hide it's 460cc head very nicely. This head has great forgiveness, and I recommend it for all handicappers, low and high. The sound coming from this driver is very unique, however once you hit a few balls with this beast you will forget about it. It is hard to believe how old this club actually is, however you will quickly realise that it was ahead of it's time when it was released. I can't wait to get out on the course and start hitting drives to places I haven't ever been able to hit to. Considering how cheap you can pick one up for these days, you would be silly not to at least try it. You won't be disappointed!

Taylormade R5

June 23, 2010

Reviewed by: James ,  Scratch Golfer

Callaway FT-3 Tour

Summary:
GREAT club! Long and straight but with the ability to work it. And with regard to the comment about us not being able to hit 300yds...alot of us with swing speeds of 111 + have no trouble hitting it 300 yds or more. This driver not only allows the long drives, but keeps in in the short grass which sets up the short game.