Callaway Big Bertha Fusion FT-3 Drivers Review

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion FT-3

A big, lightweight, strong carbon composite body and forged titanim face - fused to create the most advanced internal weighting technology ever achieved in a driver.

More Products from Callaway  >>

Callaway Golf

May 19, 2011

Reviewed by: Keith Walkedr ,  Shoots in the 100s

Callaway Big Bertha FT-3 Fusion

Summary:
Haven't had a chance to get this club on the course yet. It rained the whole weekend after I got it,but I've had it on the range and my slice is all but gone.
If this club lives up to the promise it makes on the driving range, I'll hit way more fairways and I might be able to break 100! Yippee! Taking it out tomorrow. Can't wait!

July 21, 2010

Reviewed by: John Spragg ,  Shoots in the 90s

callaway ft3

Summary:
I got back into golf a couple of years ago after a 6 year break... back then I had a callaway biggest big bertha which i loved the hunt was on for a new driver and i have tried great big betha 2 cleveland hi bore plus new launcher Ping G5 plus a callaway ERC fusion Im a fussy golfer and need to feel happy with my driver then im settled and can get on with it ..out of the list of drivers that I used while searching for THE ONE so to speak ,,the ERC fusion came close but the head was a bit small plus the top notch ALDILA NVR R green shaft was just a bit stiff with its firm tip .So i did some golf shaft home work and found out that the aldila nvs shaft had more flex in the tip and Callaway had that shaft as standed in the FT3 so bought a ft3 10 deg draw as new club for $100 nz on trademe with an NVS -Reg shaft and the search is over at last .
This club is just the best ,,it looks good at address i like the reasurring sound it makes on impact and just love the penatrating ball flight ..It can be worked left or right but hit it dead straight and you get the nice slight draw that gets comments from your mates .
Cant say enough about this club probably because ive been searching for THE ONE and now ive found it and it will be staying put in my bag .
Ive hit this club as long if not longer than any of the others but thats not what its all about ,,it just feels so good at address ,plus it looks fantastic with the big 460 cc black head it is so easy to feel at home with this driver .. this is a fantastic piece of enginering excellence by callaway top marks

January 24, 2010

Reviewed by: Bob Govoni ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway FT-3

Summary:
I have been using a Taylor Made R7 Draw for about 1 year but now that I have corrected my shank, I needed a new driver. My local dealer talked me into trying the FT-3, it was a great price I really couldn't say no. After hitting about 300 balls with it, I found my shots are straighter and longer, I loose a little feel when I make contact with the ball but I'm gaining distance about 280+. The club feels great and has a big sweet spot. I'm very happy, I was looking at spending more money but now I don't haft to.

I use the 06 Big Bertha Irons

January 1, 2010

Reviewed by: Brett ,  Shoots in the 100s

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion FT-3 Driver

Summary:
I bought this club second-hand and took it to the driving range and was hitting dead straight and a good 150 metres and then out on the course it kept going right. But it is a very good club none-the-less. I find that the extra loft of 11 degrees has helped me get the ball in the air where as with my old driver the ball would always go low or along the ground.

November 19, 2009

Reviewed by: samarati ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callway ft-3 fusion

Summary:
You gott'a love Rock Bootm Golf.Com... They had a E-bay run of this driver for a few weeks (Sept 2009). They listed 3 or 4 dozen simultaneously. Starting bids were all 99 cents. I got mine (LH 9.5 degree face, stiff Aldila 60 gram shaft) for $38... (Brand New Club).

My normal & still current driver is a USA made Callaway VFT. The Ft-3 has family resemblence to the VFT but it is a different club. I hit the FT-3 more accurately & consistently than the VFT. I can work the ball better with the Ft-3. I have lost a few yards distance compared to the VFT. I do not like the feel of the FT-3 at ball contact as much as the VFT. The VFT is a smoother feeling club and more satisfying when crushing a drive. Ball contact sound is a more professional sounding Whack! instead of the Chinese sounding Clink! of the FT-3. BTW, this club is Chinese made.

Aftr taking the VFT out of my bag for a month in favor of the FT-3 I hit them both today at the range. Confirmed - I lose distance (just a few yards) with the FT-3. But I can go too wild with the VFT because it is so easy to swing that I over do it and hooks appear.

I think for the sake of my score the FT-3 stays in the bag.

Rock Bottom Golf purchase. Best prices, good communication, fast shipment, good customer service.

Ludicrous! I've bought and sold over a dozen sets of irons and more than 25 drivers this past year. Currently play Callway Driver & Woods, Ping i3+ irons.

Just bought a set of Top Flight USA made muclebacks 3-pw for $49. Have hit them only one day on the range. See my review for those.