Callaway Big Bertha Titanium 454 Drivers Review

More Products from Callaway  >>

September 6, 2015

Reviewed by: David Jenkins ,  Scratch Golfer

Callaway 454 Titanium

Summary:
It's September 2015. I have owned this driver for 8 or 9 years at least. It is the hottest driver I have ever owned. I hit drives farther with this driver than I ever did when I was younger. It smokes. Since it is an older driver (I bought it new), I have searched for the past several years to change to something newer with updated technology (ie... adjustable loft, lie, face angle, etc...) because I figured I could hit something newer even farther. As a former PGA Professional, I it every model (Ping, Callaway, Taylor Made, Titleist, you name it). To this day, NOTHING is hotter off the face than my Callaway 454 Titanium 8 degree driver with an Aldila NV stiff shaft.

November 18, 2012

Reviewed by: fincheym ,  Shoots in the 70s

callaway 454 big bertha driver

Summary:
Guilty of owning way too many drivers over the years especially Ping, Titleist and Callaway models, never been a big fan of the 460 range and G5, G10, 905R, and FT series never really suited my game, best success has been with GBB2 (380cc) and 983K (360 cc) and biggest big bertha of the 90's .... that said the best driver to date has to be the 454, sets up square, not overly imposing at address and the sound and feel is brilliant, not to mention ball flight, a basic design with superior results. Forget the spanners for shifting the weight and adjustable shaft tinkering, the 454 married to right shaft (in my case Diamana Redboard) is a missile, 5 stars Callaway !

repair and make my own clubs.

983k, G5 G10, FT5, tinkered with Razr but for all its space age looking technology, still couldn't get it past the 454.

October 28, 2011

Reviewed by: mark_thonym ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway big Bertha 454 driver

Summary:
Bought it for $40 @ roger Dunn. This club is long ang it sounds really good. Best buy ever. Looking to change to stiff shaft because of my swing speed. Sets up great. I like the look too.

No need for now

Diablo, ft tour, BB II, Nike sumo, BB 460

June 6, 2011

Reviewed by: famousdavis ,  Shoots in the 70s

Callaway 454 9 Degree

Summary:
This is probably one of the best purchases I've ever made. I picked up a Callaway 454 9 degree driver with stock Callaway Firm shaft and original grip in like new condition from Golf Galaxy for $17.99. I'm serious when I say this looks brand new and maybe hit a couple times indoors. I took it out to the range today and I was only swinging about 60% because my lower back is sore. I was crushing this thing. I've tried the Ping i15 driver, Ping g15 driver, Callaway Hyper X, Titleist 909 D2, etc. and this driver is just as long as any of them yet it feels superior in every way. I shoot in the low 70's and I'm a great driver of the ball. This driver will make me even better and I'm a sure lock to win the club championship. The other thing about this driver is how good it sets up at address. The clubface sits perfectly square with the curved face of a persimmon. It's basically the Callaway GBB II but at 454 CC's. $17.99!!! What a steal.

I don't call customer service. If I have issues with a club I just buy a new one.

I've used them all Peter Paul.

May 7, 2010

Reviewed by: donyv ,  Shoots in the 70s

callaway 454

Summary:
best driver i ever bought,i can put the ball almost anywhere i want.draw,straight or fade.love this club. 9* with firm flex shaft

callaway erc,callaway great big bertha.callaway hawkeye,callaway hawkeye vft,nike ignite,nike 400,hawkeye pro