Callaway Big Bertha War Bird Drivers Review

Callaway Big Bertha War Bird

• Big Bertha War Bird features a stainless steel head and sets up very nicely at address
  • It is widely considered to be one of the most forgiving and best selling steel headed drivers

More Products from Callaway  >>

May 30, 2013

Reviewed by: smitty ,  Shoots in the 80s

warbird 11 degree

Summary:
I recently swithed from a well known 460cc driver to this club and could not believe how far I hit this thing. My ss is between 95-100mph and my shot shape is a consistant 5-10 yd draw. I was curious after Phils statement that his steel phrankenwood put less spin on the ball and he got more roll and was getting to spots on the course he normally couldn`t reach. My drives now go about 220-230 carry and roll 40-50 yds. All and all I think I gained 5 yds and I hit probobly 2 more fairways per round. After only 3 rounds I`ve hit the longest drives I`ve ever hit on 4 of the 9 holes on my home course and shot my 2 best scores ever. This club is going NOWHERE

fine I`m sure

tm,tity,cobra,adams.....

January 10, 2013

Reviewed by: sc ,  Shoots in the 90s

big bertha war bird

Summary:
This is not a grip it and rip it club. The drivers of today are spectacular with their 460cc heads and 275+ distances off the tee. For me however a 275 yard drive into the woods is not a good thing. I mean it is hard to brag about driving 25 to 30 yards past the competition when I have no second shot and they are in the fairway. So I have gone back to the war bird in an attempt to become more competitive. Taking this club to the range I found that I really do have to keep my head down through impact and stay focused on the ball. Who knew? I also found I can hit a draw, a fade and strait all about 240 to 250 yards. On the range. We all know that very little of what you do on the range follows you to the course. However if I can stay in the short grass twice as much as I have been over the past few years my newly developed scrambling skills should help me get a few more pars. I have zero expectations and high hopes.

None

Callaway 454, Nike sumo, dymo str-8 fit, Cleveland 460 Launcher

July 9, 2011

Reviewed by: Stew ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway 1 and 3 woods - hawk eye and war bird

Summary:
I would be so hard on the players who say they shoot in the 90s but hit 300 yards of the tee with their drivers. Some of these players have terrible short games and below average approach shots. As you know, someone with a superior short game can score much better than someone who has only the ability to hit it long off the tee only.

Taylor Made - Adams

May 10, 2010

Reviewed by: billz ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird

Summary:
This is an acceptable driver. Not as long as some others but I can control my fade fairly well with it. I will probably retire it after this season and go for something newer.

Never used it.

February 21, 2010

Reviewed by: troyster ,  Shoots in the 80s

calloway big bertha warbird driver

Summary:
I still have my 12 degree warbird with the memphis 10 steel shaft, although I retired it many years ago. Very long, very consistant.Also have a 10 degree warbird with the rare titanium shaft which is in nearly brand new condition. That particular club was not as easy to use as my 12 degree model, but that ti shaft sure looks cool!

ping zing II metal, taylor made burner bubble shaft, only other two non-titanium drivers I've owned.