Callaway Callaway FT-IQ Drivers Review

Callaway Callaway FT-IQ

I think Callaway has a hit on their hands with this one. Just bought it on friday and played my first round with it without practice on sunday. Very forgiving and relatively straight. Most of my straight shots seemed adequately long and as many mentioned, has a more lower penetrating ball flight then the ft-i. The sound is a lot less loud then the ft-i too and doesn't bother me at all. My mishits were a few fades and a few hooks. Now mind you the standard model that i have is 1 degree closed and draw biased, but yet 85% seem to go just perfectly straight where you aim. I was able to fade as well as straight push, straight pull. Only when i swung it overly hard and over powered it, is when i hooked it. Not quite duck hook, but almost. Never got into any serious trouble with the club though and the weighting seems really good and overall easy to control. The fubuki shaft feels pretty good, but probably not as good as the speeder in the older ft-i but still a solid shaft. Overall a very nice club, this one is staying in the bag. Thh headcover seems a little strange, a bit oversided and not the magnetic cover the old ft-i had which i liked.

More Products from Callaway  >>

Web Address
Information Added By

March 16, 2012

Reviewed by: JD ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway FT-iq driver with a stiff Fubuki

Summary:
Okay, I want to say this is not the longest driver I've hit. It isn't the best looking nor is it the newest driver out there. Matter-of-fact, it is a few model cycles behind the newest offerings from Callaway. So, what is so great about it? I am nearly always in the fairways and that is about 270-280 yds. from the tee box. Ball flight? It takes off like a Saturn V rocket and climbs to a huge arching point then lands softly. Maybe I should invest in some Pro V1 or Bridgestone RX330 balls to get a little lower ball flight.
I believe that if I went to a 9* loft and high-end shaft, this thing would bust 300 yds. all day long. Since using this club, my average score has dropped by 3 strokes and if I ever learn to read greens...here comes the low 80s. Give this club a try.

none

Every driver under the sun over the last 15 years.

September 7, 2010

Reviewed by: cap ,  Shoots in the 90s

Tour FT-IQ 9.5* and Non-Tour FT-IQ 11*

Summary:
If there's a better driver out there, then I don't want to know about it! The FT-IQ does everything I need it to do and more. I started with the 11* non tour model and was very pleased. I then bought the 9.5* Tour head and was even more impressed. Even with the 0.5* open face I rarely find myself slicing the ball. I've heard people complain about a loss of distance, but I didn't notice any negative change (especially with the 9.5*), if anything I can now hit the ball further. If you're looking for something that will help to fix a slice then this club will help.

??

August 11, 2010

Reviewed by: RL ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway FT IQ 10 degree

Summary:
Amazing golf tool - i've now got lengths i had never dreamed of. This is by fare the best buy i have ever done. The sound is a bit strange compared to my previous driver and at first i found the shape a bit disturbing - but it keeps its promis - straith and long - so who cares about looks and sound.
I cannot recommend this enough.

June 21, 2010

Reviewed by: wecpar ,  Shoots in the 70s

CALLAWAY FT-IZ 9 DEGREE STIFF

Summary:
WHAT A GREAT CLUB THIS THING IS LONG AND KEEPS OFF CENTER HITS IN THE FAIRWAY.
THE SHAFT IS GREAT YOU CAN GO AFTER THE BALL AND FEEL IT LOAD AND GO AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SWING.
IF YOU HAVE A CONSISTENT SWING YOU CAN HIT THIS OFF THE DECK AND ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW. GIVE IT A TRY IF YOU OWN THIS CLUB YOU WILL BE SHOCKED ON HOW FAR THIS CLUB GOES OFF THE DECK.

PING I15; TAYLORMADE SUPERTRI; TAYLORMADE R7 LIMITED; CALLAWAY FTI TOUR WITH A 686 SPEEDER SHAFT; CLEVELAND HIBORE XLS WITH XTRA STIFF SHAFT

June 14, 2010

Reviewed by: Mo ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway FT-IQ Tour 9.5*

Summary:
I would like to preface this review by stating that I have been through 11 drivers in the last 1-1/2" Yrs. So I have hit all the good stuff. I loved the FT-5 I-Mix w/ the STIfg GD YSQ but was too unpredictable. Accuracy off the tee is a must for me as I hit the ball farther than average so when I miss, it's bad. I have the model state dabove with the Fubuki 63 Stiff 5 CTW. Please pay special attention to the shafts as all fubuki's are white with subtle differentiating marks, colored letters, and abbeviations. Theone referenced above is the real deal Tour model playing between a Stiff and an X. Now to the good part. This club is PHENOMENAL! Great sound (traditional Ti. sound but not overbearingly loud. Feels extremely solid and hits the ball where you want it. I thought I would have troubles with the shape which squareish drivers have caused me to "pick my take away up" instead of sweeping. Now so with this bad boy! I mean solid piercing drives that go as straight as straight can be. You can also work it both ways but not as easily as the FT-5. The feel of this composite club is nothing like the FT-5 ot FT-9. I actually had a tour FT-9 that I took out for a round and brought back immediately the next day to return it. Solid but erratic. Then again it had the Fubuki S shaft in it but with Orange writing, not the tour model which made all the difference in the world.

After having tried Titleist, Cleveland, Cobra, Taylor Made, and others...I finally decided to come back home where I started with Callaway. They make the most forgiving drivers. Best Company BAR NONE!!!!

I have had an issue or two with the finish bubbling on a new club just a few months old, and both times Callway took care of me. Once by refinishing by old Biggest Big Bertha and the 2nd time by taking my old X460 and replacing it overnight with the then newer model Hyper X! I have never heard of ANY company servicing you like Callway does. They all charge the big money but won't "Man Up" like Callaway with after purchase service. Again, hands down the best equipment manufacturer out there! Thank You CALLAWAY!

Titleist 909D2, Monster XLS, Taylor Made GCB max, Superfast Burner, Wilson Spine, Nike Dymo STR8, Callaway FT-5 Tour, FT-9 Tour, and FT-3 Tour.