Callaway Callaway FT-IQ Drivers Review

Callaway Callaway FT-IQ

I think Callaway has a hit on their hands with this one. Just bought it on friday and played my first round with it without practice on sunday. Very forgiving and relatively straight. Most of my straight shots seemed adequately long and as many mentioned, has a more lower penetrating ball flight then the ft-i. The sound is a lot less loud then the ft-i too and doesn't bother me at all. My mishits were a few fades and a few hooks. Now mind you the standard model that i have is 1 degree closed and draw biased, but yet 85% seem to go just perfectly straight where you aim. I was able to fade as well as straight push, straight pull. Only when i swung it overly hard and over powered it, is when i hooked it. Not quite duck hook, but almost. Never got into any serious trouble with the club though and the weighting seems really good and overall easy to control. The fubuki shaft feels pretty good, but probably not as good as the speeder in the older ft-i but still a solid shaft. Overall a very nice club, this one is staying in the bag. Thh headcover seems a little strange, a bit oversided and not the magnetic cover the old ft-i had which i liked.

More Products from Callaway  >>

Web Address
Information Added By

July 18, 2015

Reviewed by: Gaza ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway FT I Q driver

Summary:
Lovely driver , like most drivers you have to put a good swing on it . It has a nice sound unlike the first FT square drivers which were just awful . The best thing though is I can hit this beauty off the deck which I have never been able to achieve with any other driver. In a recent round I had a near perfect day with this driver , not always down the middle but all a good distance and in easy play . I have had a few people ask " what driver you using , nice sound ". That only happens when your playing partners are impressed I think.

Not used but have good reputation

Too many to list , probably all good in the correct hands . This one is my best .

March 16, 2012

Reviewed by: JD ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway FT-iq driver with a stiff Fubuki

Summary:
Okay, I want to say this is not the longest driver I've hit. It isn't the best looking nor is it the newest driver out there. Matter-of-fact, it is a few model cycles behind the newest offerings from Callaway. So, what is so great about it? I am nearly always in the fairways and that is about 270-280 yds. from the tee box. Ball flight? It takes off like a Saturn V rocket and climbs to a huge arching point then lands softly. Maybe I should invest in some Pro V1 or Bridgestone RX330 balls to get a little lower ball flight.
I believe that if I went to a 9* loft and high-end shaft, this thing would bust 300 yds. all day long. Since using this club, my average score has dropped by 3 strokes and if I ever learn to read greens...here comes the low 80s. Give this club a try.

none

Every driver under the sun over the last 15 years.

September 7, 2010

Reviewed by: cap ,  Shoots in the 90s

Tour FT-IQ 9.5* and Non-Tour FT-IQ 11*

Summary:
If there's a better driver out there, then I don't want to know about it! The FT-IQ does everything I need it to do and more. I started with the 11* non tour model and was very pleased. I then bought the 9.5* Tour head and was even more impressed. Even with the 0.5* open face I rarely find myself slicing the ball. I've heard people complain about a loss of distance, but I didn't notice any negative change (especially with the 9.5*), if anything I can now hit the ball further. If you're looking for something that will help to fix a slice then this club will help.

??

August 11, 2010

Reviewed by: RL ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway FT IQ 10 degree

Summary:
Amazing golf tool - i've now got lengths i had never dreamed of. This is by fare the best buy i have ever done. The sound is a bit strange compared to my previous driver and at first i found the shape a bit disturbing - but it keeps its promis - straith and long - so who cares about looks and sound.
I cannot recommend this enough.

June 21, 2010

Reviewed by: wecpar ,  Shoots in the 70s

CALLAWAY FT-IZ 9 DEGREE STIFF

Summary:
WHAT A GREAT CLUB THIS THING IS LONG AND KEEPS OFF CENTER HITS IN THE FAIRWAY.
THE SHAFT IS GREAT YOU CAN GO AFTER THE BALL AND FEEL IT LOAD AND GO AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SWING.
IF YOU HAVE A CONSISTENT SWING YOU CAN HIT THIS OFF THE DECK AND ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW. GIVE IT A TRY IF YOU OWN THIS CLUB YOU WILL BE SHOCKED ON HOW FAR THIS CLUB GOES OFF THE DECK.

PING I15; TAYLORMADE SUPERTRI; TAYLORMADE R7 LIMITED; CALLAWAY FTI TOUR WITH A 686 SPEEDER SHAFT; CLEVELAND HIBORE XLS WITH XTRA STIFF SHAFT