Callaway Diablo Octane Drivers Review

Callaway Diablo Octane

Callaway Diablo Octane Driver The Callaway Diablo Octane Driver is fueled by Forged Composite, which is the lightest, strongest material ever used in golf clubs. The new Diablo Octane Driver features that Forged Composite in the crown, giving it a significant performance advantage over all-titanium drivers. These drivers are configured to deliver unmatched power through superior design, construction and materials. The crown contains 10 million turbostratic carbon fibers that make up 33% of the c

More Products from Callaway  >>

In The Hole Golf

GolfSmith

April 15, 2012

Reviewed by: pistol grip ,  Shoots in the 90s

callaway diablo octane 8.5 proj x 5.0 reg

Summary:
was using a cobra zl set to 7.5 loft and tried the callaway and it felt hot but did not want an 9.5 with reg shaft wanted at least an 8.5 with reg shaft.found one at callaway used and got it.it was almost new,flight is mid low and this is what i needed in windy conditions have gained about 30 yards in distance.the 8.5 is lower in flight then my zl at 7.5.if needed i can open face of 8.5 for more height.best buy i have made

dont use

have tried all but adam drivers and bought most of them thought the years

December 7, 2011

Reviewed by: cal58 ,  Shoots in the 80s

callaway octane driver

Summary:
Went to Dicks and got fitted by a pro. I have a 95 to 100 swing speed and hit reg and stiff ok but went with reg flex. I gained at least 20yrds over my old cobra driver and hit 5yards further than TM and Adam clubs that i tried.I average 240 carry with about 25 role. Have hit a few over 300 with this club.

Have not had to use them

Mizuno600 cobraS2 adams Speedline

July 20, 2011

Reviewed by: fairwaysplitter ,  Shoots in the 70s

Diablo Octane 10.5 w/project x 6.0

Summary:
Finally broke down and went to Golf Galaxy to get fitted for a driver yesterday.
I play off a 4 handicap currently and have used Titleist drivers for last 11 years.
Specs on my 10.5 909D2 w/diamana were, c.h. speed 104, spin rate 2500, launch angle 10.1, total distance average 255. I knew this was correct because my "normal" drive with no wind on my home course goes 250-260.
Tried the G15 first, higher launch angle but same distance, 910D2 almost exact same as 909D2, Cobra S3 was 5 yards farther but varied off center avg 7 yards more.
Burner 2.0 and R11 same as D2.
The pro told me at this point that about 10% of people who get fit don't really make any sufficient increases in distance to warrant a change.
I was considering the Ping because it only varied 4.5 from center as opposed to 909d2 which was 12.
I noticed he had also taped up the Diablo Octane which I hadn't hit yet. I asked him if I could try it as well, he said "sure but results will probably be the same". So I hit the first ball and it felt very "hot". I went ahead and hit the other 4 and avg was 108 c.h, speed, spin rate 2400, total avg distance 275, variance from center 5.7.
I went ahead and bought it not really believeing he was telling the truth, thought maybe he "rigged" the launch monitor in some way to get me to buy the club.
Played 1st 9 holes with it today.
Very hot outside 92 degrees and very humid.
My drives were at least 25 yards further than my average drive with 909D2 had been on home course.
This driver works very well for me.
Will it work for you? I don't know, but if you want to get the best club for your game I highly suggest being fit properly on a launch monitor by a PGA professional.

Haven't used

All titleist drivers last 11 years other than 910.

June 13, 2011

Reviewed by: steve ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway Edge Octain driver

Summary:
was playing my Callaway 460 driver and tried this driver and Taylormade burner superfast driver. This one hits farther. They said about 8 yrds away.. I am getting 10-20 more than my old 460. Love it. It kept the shot straight. It lowers my score dramatically especially on par 5 hole.

TaylorMade burner superfast driver.