Callaway Hawkeye Drivers Review

Callaway Hawkeye

Low center of gravity and large effective hitting area launch the ball with reduced backspin to maximize distance via optimum trajectory

More Products from Callaway  >>

Review Abstract
“Truly one of the best drivers on the market today,” the “extremely forgiving” Callaway Hawkeye driver is "unbelievably long," and reviewers say it helps turn a slice into a little fade. Several reviewers mentioned this club instantly adding "10-20 yards to their drives". Some reviewers are concerned with its cost, but most say “you can't go wrong with the Hawkeye," "...go get it if you have the dough!”

May 13, 2007

Reviewed by: kartingking ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway hawkeye

Summary:
well this driver has got a good feel but lacks on the distance side. Maybe it is just my driving but it doesnt go any further than my 3 woof (titleist 980f), a disappointment.

December 14, 2006

Reviewed by: Nathan Ruff ,  Shoots in the 100s

callaway hawkeye driver

Summary:
this is a beauty! It provides great trajectory of every tee and i can always rely on it for a straight long shot.
I recently purchased it off of ebay for just £2.25, yes £2.25! This club has been a great addition to my bag. why don't you try one?

October 11, 2005

Reviewed by: BenjaminSoCAL ,  Shoots in the 70s

Hawk Eye 9.5 stock firm

Summary:
This is a great driver for the level of technology that it represents. The Hawkeye has been my driver from a 25 H.C., until this week. I currently am playing to a six.

For someone learning the game this is a great club to get started with. It's 250cc's, by today's standards very small. Now if you are planing to continue nurturing a poor swing, go get a driver with an enormius head and swing away. If you want to learn how to hit the ball correctly this is a great club. Mis-hits lose distance, bad swings go everywhere, but if you hit it correctly the ball really goes long on with a penetrating flight arch.

I have been playing really good golf this year basically improving every round. Every round I was envious of all the bright new head covers in my friends bags, but I promised myself I wouldn't get a new driver until I was confident that I hit this one with a good. "a new club won't help a flawed swing" This year I have improved my game by fifteen shots, while my friends haven't improved much at all. I believe that focusing on a good swing rather than equipment will make the game much more gratifying, especially when you beat and out drive the guy with the new clubs.

I have read many reviews on this page, and their seems to be an overwhelming number of extremely long hitters that subscribe. I have had my swing speed measured on three different launch angle computers and they all had a similar range of 121mph-133mph swing speed, with a driver. With the Hawkeye 9* a well hit drive will carry 280yds then total out around 300yds for me.

The Hawkeye is a terrific club, regardless I upgraded it this week due to the improvement metallurgic technologies. The only real difference with my new driver is an average yardage increase of 15 yds. I rarely miss the dead center of the sweet spot with my new driver becuase I learned my swing on the smaller Callaway head.

Ben

Good

Tried them all

August 18, 2005

Reviewed by: matzaala ,  Shoots in the 70s

GBB Hawkeye

Summary:
I've had this club for several years now and its a bit of a love/hate relationship. The head makes a solid impact but there is a definite draw bias that can snap hook decent would-be draws.

I replaced the UL stock shaft with the Aldila NV and it has definitely helped reduce the tendancy to over-draw. I really would recommend having a lighter and stiffer shaft put on; it will allow your hands to move through and make solid contact. I just got a titleist 983k and i think the callaway will be moving to my backup stick.

Havent had to deal with them but their reputation is solid

Callaway BBB; Callaway GBB; Cleveland Launcher; Titleist 983

March 20, 2005

Reviewed by: stef7321 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Callaway Great Big Bertha Hawkeye

Summary:
I did not like this driver at all. From the moment I got it, it noticed that it had a decent feel but every shot I felt I hit solid, I saw a real lack in distance. Compared to other drivers I've hit, I find this club to lack any degree of forgiveness and to really just be a detriment to my golf game. I had even just taken it out of my bag and hit my 3 iron until I got my new TaylorMade LCG. My Hawkeye 9 degree with the Fujikura VistaPro 60 shaft just drained the life out of my long game.

TaylorMade R580 XD, TaylorMade LCG, Titlest 983K