Cleveland CG Black 265 Drivers Review

Cleveland CG Black 265

Cleveland CG Black 265 Driver With a sleek and striking look, the Cleveland CG Black 265 Driver weighs no more than 265 grams, making it the lightest driver on the market to help players generate measurable increases in swing speed and distance with the same swing effort. The advanced aerodynamics found in the driver's Speed Crown design an innovative, teardrop-inspired crown profile maximize distance by reducing drag at all angles of airflow during the swing. MaxCOR2 Variable Face Thickness tec

More Products from Cleveland  >>

January 31, 2014

Reviewed by: Wayne Laurie ,  Shoots in the 90s

Cleveland 265 Black Driver

Summary:
I had a Ping G-2 which served me well for a long time, then went to the G-10 which I found long and straight when you hit it right on 'the screws', but off center hits would hook or slice for a mile !! I went to a Demo day, tried the Callaway, Nike and Taylor Made drivers before the Cleveland caught my eye. None of the other clubs impressed me, and I found the Taylor Made most unforgiving on off center hits. The Cleveland his straight and had a nice carrying loft, and was very unforgiving. I got the regular flex as I am up there in years and my Clubhead speed has really dropped in the last couple of years. At on point I was a 3 handicap, now I just play like I'm handicapped, but the CLeveland is helping me to get to the green with less shots. I would recommend this club to anyone who wants a very forgiving, but long, straight driving weapon !!!

The man running the Demo day watched my swing on told me he thought the CLeveland may help me out, man was he right. My friends were lined up to try my club and a couple have also purchased the 265 Black.

Great Big Bertha, Ping G10, Taylor Made R-7. Nike Vr-S, King Cobra

June 21, 2012

Reviewed by: Kyle Murdoch Mcilroy ,  Scratch Golfer

Cleveland Black Driver

Summary:
I just finished me a couple a' pints so I hope ya don't mind my swagger. My next o' kin is on the big tour, betcha can't guess who? Anyhow, sometimes he floats a freebie my way and who am I to say no? This time I opened the box and I had a black tee'r from something named Cleveland show'n up on the doorstep.

I crossed the old bog, went past the Sh!ter and took her to the old Bunion course up the way. We call her the BB here in country.

As I was sayin', she hits like a pearl and performs better than wantina. Can't quite figure her out yet cause sometimes she'll hit in the rough stuff.

As far my cousin, he's tearin' it up and makin' some dough. I haven't seen none of it though. Makes me kind a p!ssy. I taught that bloke had to drink and swear and how does he repay me? You'd think he'd gone and won the real Open the way he acts. Can't say I'm sad seeing him miss cuts. he keeps doin' that he'll be back pickig potatoes 'for you know it.

Top of the mornin' to ya

Call them and say what? Thanks?

I used an old Ginty back when. Never should of used her for a goat prod. I wish they still made the spoons.

June 20, 2012

Reviewed by: Larry Jonak ,  Shoots in the 80s

CG Black 265

Summary:
I was previously using a TaylorMade Burner Superfast driver. During a demo day I tried the Callaway Razr Fit (no big deal) and then I tried the CG Black. It was love at first sight. I ended up with the 9* with a regular flex shaft. I am getting a high piercing trajectory with good roll out and am hitting the longest drives of my life. It seems that the smoother swing you put on it the better it goes. I will get an occasional nasty slice if I get quick and try to hit it hard, but there aren't any drivers that work good with a really bad swing. Longer drives with better accuracy what more could you ask for? Maybe a magic putter?

December 27, 2011

Reviewed by: Earnest Smith ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cleveland (CG 265) Black Driver

Summary:
I have tried almost every driver on the market. When I first tryout a new driver I never seem to hit the ball straight. I normally hit the first 10-15 drives to the left or right until I make adjustments and get familar with the club. This driver is truly amazing. My first 30 drives were straight down the middle with greater distance than my current driver. To make sure it wasn't a fluke I went to the driving range the next day and I hit every drive just as straight and long as the previous day. If the weather holds up this weekend, I look forward to playing with it for a round or two to see how it really performs. I have no doubt it will do well.