Cobra 427 Beta Ti Drivers Review

Cobra 427 Beta Ti

Lofts: 7.5°, 9.0°, 10.5°, and 12° • Head Volume/Face Angle: 427cc/2.5° Closed • Head Material: 15-3-3-3 Beta Ti face insert with 6-4 Ti body • Sweet Spot Size: 27.0cm2

More Products from Cobra  >>

February 18, 2010

Reviewed by: chuckie52 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Summary:
I used my 427 for 8 yrs.It changed my game.300yd drives not uncommon.I cracked the face,and could not find another 427.I switched to the 460,had that re-s hafted twice but the feel was different.Istill would like to find another 427 10.5 rh cobra driver,or just the head would be fine

May 3, 2007

Reviewed by: AHS golf ,  Shoots in the 80s

Summary:
i really like this driver th first day i got one i could rally tell the diffrewnce i can hit the ball farther and a lot more accurate and it is hard to miss the sweet spot on the culb because it is the whole face!!

ping 223

April 16, 2006

Reviewed by: mbabb ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cobra 427SS 7.5 Stiff

Summary:
I just bought the 7.5 and I hit it as high as a 9 degree. It is a solid club on the range haven't had a chance to play with it on the course.

July 23, 2005

Reviewed by: Pky6471 ,  Shoots in the 90s

King Cobra 427 cc Driver

Summary:
Last month while on a business trip I picked up a rental set which has the King Cobra 427 cc driver. It fits my swing very well. If I just had not bought the Callaway 2004 BB titanium, I would seriously consider this club. I hit it straight as I would with my BB driver, probably the same distance, Cobra 427cc seems to give a little higher trajectory, I faded a little with Cobra 427cc while I draw a little with my BB, You can't go wrong with either driver. I am capable of shooting 85, but most of the time the chipping kills me because I don't play enough (2 a month), but I can hit fairly straight... Now that I can even hit my 3-iron straight (Callaway X-16), I am hoping that my score would be more in the 80's... Let's hope...

Callaway 2004 BB titanium, TaylorMade Quad 7, Callaway ERC

July 21, 2005

Reviewed by: jazed2b ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cobra SS 427 Ti 12.0 Degree

Summary:
just purchased from ebay and recieved the other day for $125 including shipping 12 degree with a regular shaft ( UST Tour Force 60 - not bad, not the best, but not bad). With a closed face angle, this club really hels to prevent those slices I normally get when I swing extra hard. Only getting about 240-250 on a normal swing and about 250-260 on a hard swing, but that's about right for my swing speed (mid 90s). The most important thing is that with this club I am a lot straighter than with past drivers, which means more confidence. A big plus. I didn't think that the face angle at 2.5 degrees closed would make such a big difference. Other clubs I have tried recently are the Bang Melloy yellow 1/2 deg closed 12 degree(which I like, but the face cracked) and adams redline (10.5 deg 0 degree face angle). Another thing, this club sounds and feels pretty solid upon impact and certainly makes a loud noise which seems to get everyone's attention at the range. But I don't mind as long as I'm hitting them straight. One thing to consider is that this club seems to hit a littler higher than the stated loft. I normally hit a low ball and needed a 11.5 or 12 degree to maximized my trajectory, but with this club, I hit it a lot higher. next time, I'd choose one loft less (10.5 instead of 12) Hope this helps and good luck.

ebay...from a reputable private party

Titleist 975D, Orlimar, Callaway GBB, Bang Mellow Yellow, Adams Redline, Golfsmith XPC, Cleveland TA Ti,