Cobra ZL Drivers Review

More Products from Cobra  >>

January 12, 2013

Reviewed by: ap229 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Cobra ZL 11.5

Summary:
I've had a lot of drivers and this is the absolute best. I had decided I would an play offset driver because in the past they the most reliable getting in play. This may be the longest and straightest I've had. I'm getting old enough that I'm losing distance so the long part might off a little. Excellent driver! You can see in the products used that I have looked hard for the magic driver.

Callaway (4), Cleveland (3), Ping (3), Cobra (6), Taylor Made (5)

December 1, 2011

Reviewed by: Donald Bent ,  Scratch Golfer

Cobra ZL Driver

Summary:
Normally, when I hear the name Cobra I don't envision a driver that either feels or looks good. However, Cobra has invented a driver and delivered it in such a fashion that it now meets my expectations of feel, finish, finesse and familiarity. The head pro at our country club let me borrow a demo in 9.5 loft and Aldila Voodoo for Cobra shaft. I hit somewhere in the vicinity of 20 balls on the range and 14 drives on the course.

Results varied from long to disgustingly long to outright behemoth. This driver is solid and delivers an excellent flight and distance. Roll is sufficient.

My partners were amazed at the distance I was achieving. I drove one of the Par 4s playing at just over 350 yards. The rest of my drives were all in the 320 yard range. I'm 50 years old and normally hit my drives 290.

The only thing I don't like about this driver is the name. What kind of name for a golf club is Cobra?

I try not to call customer service. I'd rather just buy a new club than deal with some minimum wage idiot on the other line.

Big Bertha, Big Burser and Big Gulp. The latter one is for drinking, not hitting.

July 2, 2011

Reviewed by: jrook ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cobra ZL 9.5 degree

Summary:
First off I'd just like to say that over the years I've had or hit just about every driver made. I've hit or had alot of different very good drivers by various manufactors. The thing with the Cobra drivers is even though I've never been a big fan of Cobra, I've always hit the drivers they made very good. I've never come across a Cobra driver that I couldn't have put in the bag and been happy with. In fact the driver that probably stayed in my bag longer than any other driver to date was a Cobra 440 SZ. This ZL driver might very well be the best Cobra has made yet, atleast for me. I have a swing speed of alittle over 110 mph and can hit this thing just about where ever I want. Not to sure about the shaft adjustment thing from open, neutral or closed. I typically hit a nice draw with a bad shot of a hook so I tinkered with the adjustments to see if setting the shaft to open would make me hit it straight instead of having that little draw. I actually hooked the ball worse with the club set to open face. It's probably just a mental thing where I thought I had to make sure I got through the ball to keep from slicing it but I'm not sure. Anyway this is a truly great driver from Cobra that I think is going to stay in my bag for awhile. Like I said earlier I'm not a big Cobra fan and have gotten rid of some great drivers by them to get a more popular brand but the bottom line is the results don't lie and I can't hit anything any better than this and it has a great feel and sound to it. Oh yeah and by the way right now you can get them brand new for $199.99, that makes it worth trying right there. Is it the best driver on the planet, don't know but it is as good as the best and better than the rest!!!!!

Never Used

Everything but as a whole no company has made as many drivers that I've liked than cobra.