Henry-Griffitts Model 82 Drivers Review

Henry-Griffitts Model 82

The manufacturing process enables the clubhead wall thickness to be reduced,allowing the clubhead size to be increased while maintaining a lightweight design.

More Products from Henry-Griffitts  >>

August 7, 2008

Reviewed by: larrya12 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Model 83

Summary:
I am currently playing with a model 82 that I was fitted with, however they fitted me with a 16 degree head which is too much loft. I changed the shaft to one with a high kick point which helped quite a lot, but it still does not get any roll, just the carry. I would like to buy a model 82 head that is 13 degrees. If anyone has one for sale, please let me know.
Thanks
Larry Anderson

August 14, 2007

Reviewed by: Frank ,  Shoots in the 100s

Henry Griffiths Driver

Summary:
Just had this club custom fit. I'm an older golfer, slow swing speed, generally shoot 102. After five years with a Callaway Big Bertha, I started test driving drivers. The club pro where I play was kind enough to let me play rounds with Taylor, Callaway, Sasquatch and Henry Griffiths. The Griffiths has been a canon for me. While I'm generally 160 down the middle off the tee today I was 170-180 all day. I ordered the club and hope to have it in my bag in two weeks. My goal is to break a hundred before thee end of this season.

Will let you know.

Callaway, Nike, Taylor.

October 24, 2005

Reviewed by: John Furgurson ,  Shoots in the 80s

82-10 Driver

Summary:
My new Henry Griffitts Driver — "Henry" I call it — works spectacularly well. The trajectory is awesome... the ball gets up high very quickly, and then just goes. And goes. And goes. Farther than I've ever hit it. Every round I have at least one or two that fly 300+ yards.

But more importantly, I can swing aggressively without worrying about snap hooking it. With my old, Taylor Made Driver I had to "hang on" to keep the left side out of play... a bad habit to get into, and one that cost me a lot of distance.

Now I know, without a doubt, that I have the right club for my unique swing. It's a great feeling to have that kind of confidence.

The Henry Griffitts custom fitting process is second to none. My clubfitter/coach found just the right combination of shaft flex, launch angle and everything else that I need to hit great drives. And he didn't bore me with all the technical mumbo jumbo. He just put the right club in my hands, and let me see for myself.

I've tried a lot of demo drivers, like the Nike, Taylor Made and Cleveland, and none performed as consistently as my HG.