Mizuno Pro 300S Drivers Review

Mizuno Pro 300S

From Mizuno: "Mizuno's commitment to providing the best players in the world with the best equipment is reflected in the new Mizuno Pro 300S ™ Driver. The Mizuno Pro 300S has earned respect on the worldwide golf tours by increasing the overall driving distances of several top professionals.This driver marries the ultimate in technology with the classic look and feel desired by the game's best players.

More Products from Mizuno  >>

November 5, 2003

Reviewed by: Rich ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno Pro 300S - 9 degree

Summary:
I bought 2 on Ebay used. One with a fujikara prototype still flex and one with the standard mizuno stock stiff shaft. I never believed all the hype about hot faced drivers but this one delivers. Long mid trajectory drives that explode of the face and roll alot once the ball hits the ground. Before I bought the 300S this summer I was using a 13* 3 wood and could hit my drives 230-240 yards. When I hit the 300S the ball goes 250-270 yards easy. Some drives go even further getting me to those par 5s in two. The "twack" sounds great. I also think the club is pretty forgiving for a high end product.

Not applicable

Callaway GBB, Mizuno TZoid, Taylormade Burner

October 12, 2003

Reviewed by: Nick ,  Shoots in the 70s

Mizuno Pro 300S 9 Degree

Summary:
I love Mizuno High End Products. So I decided to give the Mizuno Pro 300S Driver a whirl. WOW! This thing hits rockets. I bought it Brand New on EBAY for around $200. It came with a Fujikura Prototype 70X shaft. The head is 9*. First off this club is absolutely beautiful. From the color to the graphics. The set up is dead square and very pleasing to the eye. When hit it draws attention just from the solid sound alone. Very easy to work the ball. Shots are low and penetrating. The ball sizzles off the club face. Definitely designed for a stronger player. High handicappers will hate this club. NOT FORGIVING! I've hit many USGA legal drivers. This thing is no joke. I love it.

Titleist 975D, 983E

August 4, 2003

Reviewed by: elsuperstar ,  Scratch Golfer

300S II

Summary:
NASA never built a rocket like this club produces. Not the most forgiving club, what more than makes up for it in quality of well-struck shots. Nixed my 8.5* GBB II/Vista Pro 70 for this in 9*/Proforce 65. Shots felt good with the GBB even when they weren't, shots look good with the 300S II even when the feel isn't like butter. On the screws- forget about it, picked up an easy 10-15 yards.

TGW has great service.

GBB II, Bang P2, TiSI TEC

June 28, 2003

Reviewed by: bheo99 ,  Shoots in the 80s , from Seattle, WA, USA

Mizuno 300S Fujikura Pro95

Summary:
Best driver !!! I tried almost every driver. This is one is #1 for good player. For beginners, I recommend Titleist 983K or Nike 400cc.

Originally Fujikura VP 70 stiff shaft was installed (I don't like this combo. bad feel and I would rate about average)Then, I reshafted with Fujikura pro 95 stiff. Then I fell in love with it.

Titleist 983K, Nike 400cc, Katana 55ati, Honma big LB 300cc, ... almost every drivers in the market.

April 13, 2003

Reviewed by: Five-O-74 ,  Shoots in the 70s , from Greensboro, North Carolina, US

300S

Summary:
I picked this up on Friday afternoon. This thing is DEEP!!! I have the Fujikura Pro 95 X Flex Shaft in it and this combo of head and shaft is DYNAMITE!!! It delievers a hot, boring, mid-trajectory flight with carry range around 260-270 and since the Fujikura is a low spin shaft, it was rolling another 20-30 yards. Very consistent. Very Solid. The sound is what gets me. Sounds exactly like a Wilson Staff Persimmon. LONGER THAN THAT PIECE OF CRAP TITLEIST!(I'm talking about the 983 series) Very solid and LONG. Very easy to control.

NONE USED