Nike Forged Drivers Review

Nike Forged

To maximize distance, Nike Golf''s proprietary "Hot Face" is precision forged for a stronger, thinner and lighter material.

More Products from Nike  >>

In The Hole Golf

October 7, 2005

Reviewed by: n33mah ,  Shoots in the 90s

forged 350cc

Summary:
Id first like to say that im not a big fan of big heads and this head actually isnt that small.

It added 20-30 yards on my drives and now they go alot straighter. It was a great deal considering i got it new with a UST PRO FORCE 65 GOLD GRAPHITE stiff. i dont know if its good, but it looks cool. well anyhow, i like the sound it makes but if you dont hit it on the sweetspot it doesnt hurt you. thats atleast for me.

great value and it looks nice. my drives really help me set up my approaches better now.

THANKS NIKE

never used another driver before. just started a year ago

July 23, 2005

Reviewed by: arafeiro ,  Shoots in the 90s

Nike Forged 400

Summary:
I purchased the Nike 400cc version of this club about a month ago with a R-flex factory graphite. The feel of the club was great, but I was slicing it because the R-flex Nike shafts are not as stiff as a regular flex from say UST or Aldila. Contrary to popular belief, this club is rather light and I was able to spin it like a baton in my hand without much difficulty when trying to balance the spin. Anyone who says he/she cannot swing this club and improve their game needs to either improve their swing, or stop biasing equipment due to brandname.

I changed out to a 45" Rifle Steel Stiff shaft and have hit almost every fairway in my last 2 rounds (save for the occasional sky when I get ballsy and decide to go for the long drive record on Men's night or drive the downhill par 4s).

With the stock shaft I was hitting about 240-50 with a controlled swing, now I can finally let it rip and have gained about 20-30 yards (260-280). I would like to say I have broken 300, but as of yet the most I have pulled was 286. But this will change as I tune my swing.

As other reviews have stated, changing the shaft can make a big difference with this club, as it had a tendency to fade/slice with the faster your swing with the regular shaft.

I love this driver and will probably not switch until the Ignite 410 or Taylormade R5 come down to earth with their prices.

Quality!

Taylor-Made Ti360cc, Dunlop XTi 400cc, Wilson Hyper-Ti 400cc, Titleist 975D

March 24, 2005

Reviewed by: civicdude101 ,  Scratch Golfer

nike forged

Summary:
I thought this was one of the worst titanium drivers ever put on the market period. Ranks up there with the hawkeye vft. the new ignite drivers are a huge improvement though, like night and day.

none

all e-mail for questions

December 29, 2004

Reviewed by: akap4surf ,  Scratch Golfer

Nike Forged Driver

Summary:
I picked this club up for 20 dollars, in like new condition, just to use as aback up and what not. This club is twice as good as i could have expected, I was skeptical of nike's equipment, but it is better than people say it is. Once you reshaft the club, it performs pretty good.

none needed

everything from adams to titleist

September 21, 2004

Reviewed by: a340 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nike Forged 350cc

Summary:
Got this driver from eBay for less than $100 last year. I've lost some yardage due to age but gained them back with this driver. Cosmetic are excellent, they remind me of the old persimmon woods. Has a rather disconcerting ring on impact, but aside from this has great feel. I love the response of the shaft on downswing.

Never tried.

Adams GT 363cc (a clunker!)