Nike SQ Dymo 2 Drivers Review

Nike SQ Dymo 2

All Nike SQ Dymo Squared Drivers are engineered from the ground up with the express purpose of optimizing the launch and spin by loft. Performance is maximized in every loft by varying multiple specifications from lie angle, to MOI (moment of inertia) and CG (center of gravity) placement, to overall head size and face depth.

Square geometry is about straight and long, great sound, optimal launch by loft, and great looks. A new folded round geometry repositions square mass into a round format for workable distance and control. Two designs for the player that wants to “swing away.”

More Products from Nike  >>

Information Added By

June 27, 2012

Reviewed by: Josh ,  Shoots in the 90s

Nike SQ2 Dymo Driver

Summary:
I have been playing for about 2 years now & my main issue has always been driving the ball with a huge slice. I usually just teed off with my 3 iron to avoid the hassle of having to re-tee & also the embarrassment. I had tried everything: stances, gripping the club differently, weight shifting, etc. & nothing was working. I finally decided that I was at the point where a change was imminent. I read countless reviews on affordable yet effective drivers & I fell in love with the look & even the sound of the Nike SQ2 Dymo but obviously the true test was usability. The first day I got it, I immediately went to the driving range. WOW, INSTANT RESULTS!!!!! I went from slicing the ball 90% and probably 225 yards to 95% of drives being straight at least 250 everytime. I even managed to hit the 300 yard trailer on the bounce 3 times! The 5% of drives that weren't straight and long were a very forgiving fade or the rare slice & these were range balls people. I haven't been on a course yet but I did use a couple of my own new balls just to make sure & the results were just as good and better. If you are tired of keeping your DRIVER in your bag on par 4s & 5s, you owe it to yourself to get this club. I bought it online in "very good" condition for $40 and it honestly looked brand new.

TaylorMade R7 Burner

March 31, 2012

Reviewed by: Tom Stockings ,  Shoots in the 90s

Nike sq dymo 2009 Driver

Summary:
I picked up the 2009 Nike SQ dymo driver last night and put it to work today. I would like to say thanks to the guys ahead of me who's previews convinced me to pick this club up new for $99. I have to say that my first impressions are very good. In 40 degree temps in Wisconsin I hit 3 of the longest drives I've ever hit on my home course. They were all pretty straight and about 10 yards longer than my normal drives. I am really pumped to get back out tomorrow and see if it was a fluke, especially seeing as It definitely helped get me a birdie on a par 5 that I have only ever birdied once previously. Maybe it's a little premature but I'm loving it!

March 4, 2011

Reviewed by: altollison ,  Shoots in the 100s

nike dymo 2

Summary:
Was having problems with distance and
accuracy.Swing speed was 65 to 75 and with my driver from my set had a stiff shaft.Some of my drives were really off and short.Got the dymo2 S Flex shat and went to the driving range.Am now hitting the ball straighter and 20 to 30 yards further. Love this club.

February 16, 2011

Reviewed by: Tibbort ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nike SQ Dymo2

Summary:
I bought this club from Ebay brand new at what seemed to me to be a too good to miss £59 delivered. (9.5 stiff, stock shaft) I had read plenty of reviews about this club being straight, which is what i wanted in my game. so i took it straight out to the park where some rugby goals were 250 yards away. right away i hit 2 out of my first 5 balls between the goals and the other three weren't far away. The club was a great weight to swing and fired the ball away on a powerful trajectory that just kept going.

Looking on google earth, these balls travelled 247 yards through the air and landed within 5 degrees of each other. (it was very wet so couldn't look at how they ran out)

I think this is a decent hit considering my light weight and less than average height, but it was the consistency which struck me.

I'm impressed by the club, it does what it needs to, and i think it'll be taking the place of my Nike Sumo straight away! I'd go as far as to say its the best driver i've tried but the real test is whether my scores start to tumble!

Not used

Nike SQ Sumo
Nike Sasquatch 460
Callaway FTi

January 16, 2011

Reviewed by: Ed Hougland ,  Shoots in the 70s

Nike SQ Dymo driver

Summary:
i bought the 09 model on sale at Dicks after hitting it at the virtual screen. I wasn't sure what to expect on the course but I had liked the feel in the store. It exeeded my expectations nice long strait club.

NA