Nike SQ Sumo 2 5900 Drivers Review

Nike SQ Sumo 2 5900

• High MOI gives greater forgiveness on off-center hits
  • Updated body shaping for increased ball speed and accuracy
  • The titanium cup face offers a multi-thickness cup face design

More Products from Nike  >>

August 4, 2012

Reviewed by: Brian ,  Shoots in the 90s

Nike SQ SUMO 2 5900

Summary:
This is my 4th season with the 5900. I enjoy hitting this club because it's so forgiving. Even poorly struck balls will fly fairly straight. I hit this better than any other driver I've tried. I'm sure there are longer and better drivers out there, but this one suits my game well and keeps me in play more than any other driver. Now if i could just find a putter that works as well as this SUMO, I'd be in the 80's.

June 21, 2012

Reviewed by: Gareth ,  Shoots in the 90s

Nike sq sumo 2 5900

Summary:
A very shoutie club is the only way to describe the sound on contact for tee off - I honestly didn't think anything would be louder than my alien driver which I got with my first set of clubs it was like a frying pan noise but the Nike is like a metal baseball bat hitting against a hollow metal pole - the looks on the driving range are interesting but when they see the result of the noise they are impressed. I can drive 300yards on a good shot 1 out of 50 that were off the middle and straight but after 10 drives in the range with the Nike sumo 2 - all straight and getting a much better roll when ball has landed - with confidence was hitting about 280yards on the "fairway" in the range and gaining confidence.
Great for high handicappers to give them straight drives and with confidence the extra yards they will want but a normal good drive will give them some great yards with the roll and being straight and on the fairway is better than 20yards up and in the heavy rough.
Top club if the noise was more normal it would be up there with the other drivers aimmed at high handicappers.

June 1, 2012

Reviewed by: James ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nike SQ2 Sumo 2 5900

Summary:
In short, great confidence.
Sits very well behind ball.
Get the right shaft, read on

Due to this Club I now shot in the 80's. If my iron play was as good id be off scratch. The head on the Nike 5900 sits very nice behind the ball. Im getting constant "good drive shouts" from friends and im sure the sound has a little to do with it.
As I have played for 8 years and my game has improved, my old Ping G5 driver started to slice a little. It was due to increased swing speed and the mid flex shaft was whipping more meaning the lag in the club head had to be corrected by placing the ball further to my left. (right handed).

If you have a slow swing speed then a mid flex shaft will give you more distance and 65-75% accuracy. With a faster swing speed id 100% reconmend the Proto VS 65s shaft. The combination has given me a golf Shot drive percentage of 88%. I feel like I cant miss.

Not used

Ping G5 Driver.

July 5, 2011

Reviewed by: Swagonthecourse ,  Shoots in the 80s

nike sumo 5900

Summary:
piece of i usually never slice but bought this and slice terrible dont buy it is trash the R11 is so much better use the R11

R11

February 18, 2011

Reviewed by: schillingroc55 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Nike SUMO2 5900

Summary:
This is a great driver. This driver is for anybody. Its goes straight and goes far. Even on mis hits the shot turns out pretty good and you still have a chance at par or better. This driver isn't that expensive but it is definitely worth the price you pay to improve your driving ability by a lot. If you are looking for a new driver this is the one to get.