Orlimar Trimetal Drivers Review

Orlimar Trimetal

Price for steel shaft; $309 for graphite.

More Products from Orlimar  >>

Review Abstract
The Orlimar Trimetal Driver is impressive and easy to handle. The fact that distance is not a problem even when hits are less than perfect pleases owners. You can hit the driver off the tee and fairway. Labeled as "pricey" this product is considered quality.

June 3, 2013

Reviewed by: Tom Gough ,  Shoots in the 90s

Tri-Metal ZX

Summary:
WOW! This is a fantastic driver. I recently purchased this driver with a 10.5 loft and senior shaft. The first day on the course I hit this club straighter and 10 yards further than my Cobra driver. You cannot beat the price either. I paid $137.00 on ebay.

August 25, 2012

Reviewed by: Bruce F ,  Shoots in the 90s

Orlimar Trimetal Driver

Summary:
I have a clean Trimetal 11 deg. that I picked up at the local Goodwill store for $1.99. It has a stiff Harrison Professional graphite shaft. It blew me away that a driver, even of this particular vintage, would have such a short face. When I saw it had a maraging face, I knew I had to try it. After replacing the deteriorating grip and removing the lead tape the previous owner applied to the crown, it was off to the range. Wow. Very long. And what a sweet sound. Not that big-head, aluminum baseball bat sound. The flight is just a tad lower than my 400cc Armour Persimmon 9.5 deg. with stiff Grafalloy ProLaunch 65, but it is honestly just as long. The size and sound is remenisent of my old Ping i3 3 wood, but the distance is ... wow! While I prefer 300-400cc sized drivers, I am carring it in my bag for a while. If I love it enough, I'll pick up a 3, 5 and maybe a 7 wood. Got to get some short tees.

No experience.

Ping i3 TISI, Armour Persimmon 400cc, Titleist 975J, Armour 845FS

May 16, 2011

Reviewed by: Carl Breaux ,  Shoots in the 70s

9.5 degree original trimetal driver

Summary:
I bought this club many years ago and am still hitting it. I walk on a course and get paired with many different caliber golfers and the comments are all the same, "is that a 3 wood"? (because of it's size compared to modern drivers) They then tell me I would be able to hit it farther with the new drivers. I tell them I can hit this one 300 yards so what do I need to hit it further for?
When they see me hit it, they just shake their heads and can't believe it. I played with a 22 year old the other day that told me he has never heard of Orlimar. I said, "well now you have".
I have been interested in trying a new driver, and when I do it will be the XR trimetal driver and nothing else. It will take a lot for me to give up my old small head driver. Don't know if I can.

September 4, 2009

Reviewed by: yesumasa45 ,  Shoots in the 100s

Summary:
After struggling with many different brands of woods from the fairway, i just gave up on them and used my 3 iron. I baught a used set of orlimar trimetal fairway woods from a driving range for $30. I'm making solid contact now and hitting on average anywhere from 200-250+ on the fairway. very easy to hit with and it actually goes straight for once. highly recommend this club for anyone who struggles with their woods.

dunlop, taylormade, callaway

April 29, 2009

Reviewed by: hugepossum ,  Shoots in the 90s

Orlimar Trimetal 11 Degree Driver

Summary:
I have been searching for a shallow-faced, low profile driver for many moons. I have owned "Modern" TaylorMade and Nike drivers (and by modern I mean they have huge, hollow heads and are pretty expensive) and could not get any consistency in my drives. This club is awesome, for me. The low center of gravity is just what I needed. My drives are just as far as anyone I have played with that is using a "big-head". Although Orlimar is evidently not producing this club any more, I applaud and thank them for producing this product.

TaylorMade R540, Nike Ignite 460