Ping i15 Drivers Review

Ping i15

The fade-biased design of i15 Driver meets the needs of golfers who place a high priority on working their tee shots. The traditional pear-shaped 460cc titanium head is engineered with a bulge crown design and deeper face to optimize energy transfer for greater ball speed and the solid feel preferred by better golfers. Internal weighting reduces spin and the hosel is positioned slightly back from the face to help promote tour-preferred trajectories and control.

More Products from Ping  >>

June 11, 2013

Reviewed by: Xray2015 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping i15 Driver 8 degree

Summary:
I have had the Ping i15 Axivcore x-flex driver in my bag for a good 2-3 years. One of the major reasons why I did so great with this driver is due to my fitting experience at an actual driving range. I don't think I would have considered this club if I were at a local golf shop hitting a net.
My fitting instructor noticed that I hit the ball high and recommended that I go with an 8 degree. The ball flight is low and my snap hook has been controlled due to the open face. There is plenty of roll on the shots and the ball flight has a mid trajectory. My misses are now open and slices during my off days. But its very straight if I can easily stay within my swing. This driver is easily the longest driver I ever hit. But it has more to do with my technique with the driver. I guess some lessons along the way with the fitting instructor is an advantage too.
Bottom line, its a no bull driver. Its not flexy or jumpy like the callaway/taylormade drivers. It stays consistent. You will know if you are either on an off day or your screws are tight.
One negative, make sure you warmup. You cannot just jump on to the first tee with this setup. The shaft is heavy and the Ping i15 driver is not very forgiving on miss hits with the open face.

This is a Customer Service review on Golf Course San Jose Municipal. The golf instructor fitted me. I CANNOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH ABOUT GETTING FIT IN A DRIVING RANGE. You will see the ball flight live and we tried different shafts without bias of brand. It was about true performance and clear proof of which shaft was right for you.

Taylormade r9 Titleist 905s

February 5, 2012

Reviewed by: rayp1111 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Ping i15 Driver

Summary:
Have owned and tested numerous drivers over the past 20 years and I must say that this is the WORST driver I have ever used by far. I have been using a number of Callaway Drivers (FT 3, FT 5, FT 9) over the past few years and hit these drivers reasonably well. A friend had this Ping driver which he hits OK, I liked the look so I bought one off Ebay at my usual specs. I am left handed so the set up looked very "toe up" which was a little unusual compared to my Callaway drivers. From the get go all I kept hitting was very Low "Duck hooks", the more I hit this driver the worse I got. It basically ruined my swing for a few weeks. This is the worst driver I have ever hit!!!!!

Everything!!!

August 8, 2011

Reviewed by: herbsewell ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping i15

Summary:
Bought this driver used from Golf Galaxy and after 3 balls on the range, the epoxy came undone. What a pillock thing to happen! Anyway, took it back to GG and I will have it back in a few days. I will give a more thorough update next week..... Stay tuned.

titleist 975J (splendid), cobra F speed (rubbish), cobra X speed (rubbish).

July 2, 2011

Reviewed by: William Davis ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping i15 Driver

Summary:
I played the Ping G10, which was the best driver I ever had, until I tried the i15. The i15 is by far the best driver I have ever used. My fade shots go farther than my draw shots with the G10. The straight or draw driver are out of this world. Many par fours are now driver 9iron or pitching wedge. I got a good buy from ebay, other wise I probably would not have bought one. Well worth it.

Have never used

Ping G10

November 8, 2010

Reviewed by: Longpar5 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Ping I15 driver

Summary:
Well, I have had this driver for about 6 months now, so I think I have enough experience to write a review about it...Let's see. 9.5* face, and I changed the shaft from the Graphite Design YS6+ stiff to a UST Proforce X flex within a week, the YS6 is a noodle in your hands unless you are a smooth swinger, which I am not. I loved this driver after that, and played it exclusively without a moment of non love for a few months. It was hitting straight, high, and FAR. Then, I guess about a month and a half ago, I started hearing a different sound, and having control issues. I thought it was my swing and a sh** storm of changing this, and that followed. It got to the point that I went back to the G2 last week, that has been old faithful forever. It worked, and I started hitting fairways again, and crushing it again (stiff shaft though so distance was from that probably). I was ready to part with the I15 and put it on the BAY for sale. So, I go to take pics.....and noticed somthing in the face. It was caved in! Right above the sweet spot, a little on the toe. That explains the ending of my love affair, and the months of struggling thinking it was my swing, the darn thing caved. If I were rating this driver on the pre face caveage, it would be a 5 in distance, a 5 in control, and a 5 in workability. And it still will be a 5, just not in value. I can't wait for Ping to send out the new one, and i can go back to hitting fairways, and feeling the beast that is the I15 back in my hands again, and retire the G2 for backup purposes, which it has done very well with, but it doesn't have the BOOM and workablity of the I15.

Ping is great when their stuff screws up, but if you want something changed, like swing weight, or lie/loft, prepare to sell your car, or house.

G2, titleist's out the wazoo, Ft3 tour.