Ping SI3 Drivers Review

Ping SI3

Ping® Si3 Forged Titanium Driver Thin, Fully Forged Face technology for maximum energy transfer and distance. Color coded, custom fit hosels (face and lie angle) for accuracy. Patented variable face thickness. 340cc’s. Strategic weighting to help square face at impact. Reduced overall weight for added clubhead speed.

More Products from Ping  >>

June 19, 2017

Reviewed by: Espen ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping Si3 regular flex

Summary:
When I got this club at the age of 14 (12 years ago), I sliced every single shot. I wasn't able to hit it straight/fade/draw.
After a break for 11 years, I have now tested it again. After some adjustment to swing (after all the years), almost every shot was slight fade or draw. On the driving range (driving range balls), I carry the ball about 230 yards (+/- 10 yards).

Overall a nice club in my opinion with great response to a sweet spot-hit. But also kinda forgiving to a heel or toe hit. Distance wont be there, but atleast it comes of pretty straight.

September 30, 2013

Reviewed by: John Nelson ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping Si3

Summary:
My playing partner dragged out his Si3 after having it sit in garage for several years.He wasn't having any luck with it so I asked if I could have a hit with it. I immediately proceeded to hit it straight down the centre 290 yards and continued to use it with outstanding success for the rest of the round. I jokingly asked how much He wanted for it to which he replied, "you can have it" I love the deep face and despite the reasonably small head compared to todays drivers I find it very easy to hit.

None

Previously used Mizumo MK560 which sounds like an empty tin can. Good distance and reasonably accuracy but the sound is very offputting and annoying

June 13, 2010

Reviewed by: Romy ,  Shoots in the 80s

ping si3

Summary:
I brought an 7* x-stiff for $70. It took me about a week to get use to it. Then I compared my old driver(king cobra 370 9*) i hit that 285 yds. Then swich to my ping Si3, I ended up hitting it 323 yards. I can say that it one of the best driver I ever hit.

August 20, 2005

Reviewed by: sportsnut3576 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping si3 driver

Summary:
This club works great for me. It plays longer than any driver I have used. I am 13 and I used to drive around 190 to 205 yards and now I hit around 220 to 230. In conclusion this is a great club.

February 16, 2005

Reviewed by: Brent Nadeau ,  Shoots in the 90s

7* Fuji Speeder X-stiff

Summary:
Last night a tried a 983 E and loved it, and even reviewed it, stating that I would happily trade my 975 L-FE for it. Today, while getting fitted for my irons, I tried one of these...and traded my 975 L-FE for it. This thing was amazing. the distance was about the same on the simulator as my L-FE...maybe a couple yards longer, but straight down the fairway, no matter how hard I would swing. Even the pro there couldn't believe it...he felt I would hit a higher loft better, we tried, and the 7* was the best for me hands down. $175 for a club with a $400 shaft on it is not a bad deal in my book...can't wait for this snow to melt.

I don't know, but I heard they are the best...hope I never have to find out!

983 E, Cleveland 330, Tisi Tec.