Porsche PD-901 Drivers Review

More Products from Porsche  >>

February 4, 2002

Reviewed by: cml ,  Shoots in the 90s

PD901 9.5 Innovative Graphite MD tour

Summary:
I agree that the face is a little open -- I'm constantly fighting a fade/slice. The stock shafts is incrediblity soft, go for at least a stiff or reshaft it straight away (which I did).

As long as any club I've tried when hit on the sweet spot, but direction suffers a little on heal and toe shots. Feel is rock solid and it gives off a nice crack sound when you catch it right. A bit of a "players club" so not the most forgiving, but certainly no beast either. Overall, it's an interesting club -- just not for me.

975D

December 27, 2001

Reviewed by: PxC ,  Shoots in the 100s , from Taiwan

PD901 9.5 degree with UST 55

Summary:
I got this PD 901 9 degree to replace my old Adams SC ,the original shaft
is terrible soft ,and resulted in very unpredictable tracjectory .
After I reshaft it with UST Proforce 55 S-Flex,it could produce much more consistent
flying, the impact is very solid with very hot initial speed,and it lauch in low orbit and climb
up to high before gounding, however it alway end up with slice !
The club face seems to be open a lot , the design might be good for the inherent draw or hook
hitters. Some of straight- hitters have to drive it hook, in order to get a staright flying !

Overall, it is very unique driver, but might need some time to over come the open face in my opinion !

Bought from eBay, the transaction is very smooth !

Adams SC 9 degree
Callaway Steelhead plus

December 27, 2001

Reviewed by: Kaseic ,  Shoots in the 80s , from Forest Hills, NY

Porsche PD-901 9 deg

Summary:
I have very mixed result with this club.

First, I had UST Pro Force 65 Stiff shaft and I was hitting the ball with straight or nice little draw. (I usually hits draw or dangerous hook) I believe distance and forgiveness are above average. Only couple other club that I tested had longer distance (Taylor Made 300 series and Ping Tsi were longer). I never hit so consistant with any of my driver before, so I WAS very very happy with this driver.

But one day, there was a little crack on my UST shaft, so I replaced it with Bi-Metrix stiff shaft and the result was horrible. I guess the new shaft didn't match this club head (or me) so I couldn't hit the ball with club right now.
Overall, this club is great when you have the right shaft.

I brought this club really cheap at Ebay, and the seller was real nice. I''m 100% satisfy with this purchase.

Callaway Warbird
Wilson Fat Shaft
KZG
Zero Tolerance Crown Jewel

October 6, 2001

Reviewed by: alexlee123 ,  Shoots in the 80s , from West Lafayette

PD-901

Summary:
I used to have Adams SC driver. To gain
more distance and accuracy, I changed to
Adams ST driver with bimatrix shaft... and I had a hard time hitting that thing right.. then I bought this club..
this club is very accurate, easy to hit and makes a great sound when I hit it right..

great club.... I am definitely hitting more fairways than ever before...

adams SC and Adams ST bimatrix shaft

July 8, 2001

Reviewed by: Zach ,  Shoot in the 70s , from Liberal, Kansas

9.5 degree driver

Summary:
I LOVE it!!!!! This club sets up beautifully and it IS forgiving. I used to fade the ball a lot, now I am hitting straighter (some even with a draw) drives. My fairways hit have increased. I had the graphite shaft pulled and a steel shaft put in it. I don't care for graphite--not as accurate as steel. As some people may think, the name is not just a sales gimmick used to attract people. They do make high quality products for high quality people. F.A. Porsche, who started this company, did DESIGN the 904 race cars and the famous 911; however, this company has nothing to do with the automobiles.

Yes, actually I did. All I did was go to their website and e-mailed them. They e-mailed me back the same day and told me who to contact here in the U.S.!! The place where I bought my driver went out of business, so they were not able to process my order and they never contacted me to tell me that. So I got in contact with the guys at Porsche Design, and with a few e-mails and THEM CALLING me, they got me my driver. Of all the customer service people that I have ever delt with, these guys were the greatest!!!!! So, NO, they shouldn't be embarassed!!!

Callaway Steelhead Plus