TaylorMade 320Ti Series Drivers Review

TaylorMade 320Ti Series

• High strength SP-700® titanium • Internal weight pad technology • Tour proven performance • Improved head design • Traditional address shape • Larger address size • Standard face depth • Power Band™ crown alignment • Mid-height trajectory • Longer 45.5" club length

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

January 7, 2008

Reviewed by: Dan2507 ,  Shoots in the 90s

320ti 10.5* - lite r-80 shaft

Summary:
Had this driver for over a year now and for the price, this fairly old driver is pretty good. Not the most forgiving but, when sruck properly the club feels great. The club has a medium sized head and a low profile face.I have quite a high launch angle with this club and the shaft is reasonably good.
Overall, this club is O.K but I believe there is better in its price range.

Club is usually available on www.golfbidder.co.uk for about £50. But I would recommend spending the extra 30 to 40 pounds on a second hand R5 or an old R7.

August 31, 2007

Reviewed by: Gary Kilbride ,  Shoots in the 80s

TaylorMade 320 Ti, Graffaloy 9.5 Stiff

Summary:
This club feels like a wand. I can take an aggressive athletic stance and blast it. It's an excellent value club for players who have trouble with the 460cc junk but want something that threatens modern. The clubface is wide but not particularly deep or heavy, allowing it to feel like an actual golf club and not a toaster on a stick. Plus it looks great at address, rounded and symmetrical. I have a 9.5 degree with the burgundy Graffaloy ProLite stiff. Trajectory is mid, if not somewhat low. My one problem with this club is getting it high enough when a long carry is priority one. But I've had that difficulty ever since wonderful workable persimmon was phased out.

I'm in my late 40s and my misses with the driver now tend to be lateral on the clubface, normally toward the toe. The 320 Ti gives you plenty of feedback on a miss, without severe penalty. Tee marks on the large sole plate are easy to see. Plus there is no jarring to the hands. I have a newer and supposedly superior Titleist 983K that jolts my left hand whenever I miss in the identical region of the misses on the 320 Ti. Recently I hurt the left wrist on two swings with the 983K and couldn't believe I was stupid enough to briefly detour from the trusty 320 Ti. BTW, the 983k is not significantly longer, if longer at all, at least in my case. I've used both clubs on the same round, often hitting two drives when the course is empty behind me. Similar hits end up in the same place. The carts at my course have an uplink yardage indicator and I'll remember exact yardages from round to round. Often I'll hit one with the 320 Ti that was the same as a shot with the Titleist a round or two earlier. Sure enough, the distance to the pin is virtally identical. It's pure mythology, wanting to believe the newer and fancier model was a great purchase so you assign miracles like 20-25 yards longer.

My 320 has held up remarkably well cosmetically, virtually the same as when I got it in early 2004 off eBay for $66. Best thing about this club was it was essentially free. A power seller screwed up and sent me two of them, one from two different shipping sites. I chose the more handsome version and sold the other on eBay for almost exactly what I had paid. I like to pretend I would have returned the bonus driver if the power seller had any threat of communication, but probably not.

BTW, it's hysterical to read reviews of club after club on this site. So many reviewers offer something like, "this club works best with a slow smooth swing." It busts me up every time. Obviously that must seem like the stuffy thing to say, same as the always clever, "I vote for the person, not the party."

Yeah, we'd all like to be Ernie Els. Detour to real world. Amateur swings are remarkably awful so you might as well uncoil and enjoy. Yesterday I decided to swing like my 17-year-old heyday again and found places with the 320 Ti I hadn't been in years, hitting last with my outdated driver and loving it as the others asked to try it out. True, my approach irons were pathetic but that's a different review.

Swell

TaylorMade Burner Bubble, King Cobra Offset Titanium, Titleist 983K, many others for a few rounds

April 15, 2006

Reviewed by: Tristan Gregory ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylor Made 320 Pro Force 65 shaft

Summary:
Great club with the right shaft in it. I bought one with a Pro Force 65 stiff shaft in it as I was struggling with a duck hook from my my Callaway VFT. Sits nicely behind the ball and not as ugly as some of the newer 440-460cc drivers. I think some people struggle with the ball ballooning because the Taylor Made shaft fitted as standard. I find the ball flight to be penetrating with a 9.5 degree loft, but don't tee it up too high. Solid thump when you strike the ball as opposed to the more metalic sound of the Callaway. Good all round club for very little money now. Highley recommended.

No need

Callaway VFT, Callaway Big Bertha, Maksar TW 400, lots of Taylor Made inc XR-05

January 11, 2006

Reviewed by: dave879golf ,  Shoots in the 100s

Taylor Made 320Ti

Summary:
I am an 8 handicap golfer,57,yrs old having played for about 22 Yrs. I have finally found what I have been looking for for all these years.I bought a 320Ti 9 degree,stiff Nippon NS Pro Gt 600 shaft,off E.Bay. I hit a basket of balls at the range and couldn't hit anything but straight down the middle for 240yds plus.I have tried almost everything but this beats them all.

January 8, 2005

Reviewed by: Pupster ,  Shoots in the 90s

`Taylor Made 320Ti Series Driver

Summary:
I picked this club up on ebay for $56. Best deal I ever made. Brand new head with a $40 Harrison Stripper J 60 shaft and a very soft Cleveland Golf tour velvet grip.
I could not beleive how fast this club swings compaired to my Wilson Fatboy. I also cant beleive how far I am hitting the ball. Even on the odd miss-hit it still goes as long as my old driver. And ends up better once it stops.
This club requires a slow smooth swing. If you try to smash the ball ya never know where it will go. I learned the swing required from my adams tight lies fareway woods. Sometimes slower and smoother means farther. And thats how it is with this club. It flys high long and dead straight for me. I am going to try and find a backup for this club and I think it's the last one I'll ever play. That and the stripper J shafts are going on all my woods. I am not saying the club is for everyone but it made an impact on me. It works for my swing and skill level. And I love it.

N/A Purchased through E-bay