TaylorMade Mens R7 Quad Drivers Review

TaylorMade Mens R7 Quad

The R7 Quad features TaylorMade Launch Control (TLC) - a sophisticated system that permits discretionary clubhead weight to be redistributed in six configurations by means of TLC cartridges and TLC ports. The cartridges are either 2 grams or 10 grams. By repositioning them, you can change the trajectory between high, low, more draw, draw, fade or more fade. Comes with Trajectory wheel, TLC wrench, 4 TLC cartridges and headcover.

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

June 21, 2010

Reviewed by: Ryanguy ,  Shoots in the 70s

Taylormade r7 quad

Summary:
I love this driver it hits great and can also customize to your swing by its weight technology!! But because it is an older model it is not as aerodynamic as the new drivers wich mean it gives u a lower swing speed than the newer drivers wich means the new ones give more distance! + the newer models like the nike vr or taylormade r9 have much easier and more customizable options!!! Soo if u have alot of money and are good at golf i would get a newer model driver! But if ur a 78+ golfer and re lookin for a used cheap good club i would quickly recomend it!!!

Great

R9 supertri, nike vr str8 fit

August 17, 2009

Reviewed by: mcardogg ,  Shoots in the 80s

R7 Limited

Summary:
After playing Cleveland drivers for the last 6 years, the Hibore XL my last driver, I decided to give Taylor Made a try after holding the R7 Limited in my hands at the pro shop.( bought one new on E-Bay for $150 instead of the $399 the Pro Shop wanted) I really liked the triangle shaped head, and was intrigued by the movable weights technology.
I took the R7 Limited out to the driving range the day I got it, excited yet a bit concerned that I wouldn't hit it any better than my Hibore XL and had wasted $150. I put the weights in the 'draw' position- the 16 gram weight in the heel and the two 1 gram weights in the middle and toe slots. Upon the first swing I noticed right away that my fade (sometimes slice, you know how it goes) had been eliminated. I hit about 25 balls and everyone of them went straight or had a slight draw on them. I didn't seem to gain or lose any distance, the ball seemed to go as far as the Hibore XL. I did notice the R7 Limited had a bit of a muted sound compared to the Hibore, but felt solid and I could feel the ball exploding off the clubface.
Well, yesterday I took my R7 Limited out to the course to play 18. I hit some poor pulls and thins the first few holes, and then I seemed to get the feel of the club and got into a rhythm. Man, let me tell you, when I finally put a good swing on it, I boomed the ball right down the middle with a slight draw. I can't explain how sweet the feeling was, I had never had that feeling with any other driver. I continued to boom it hole after hole, and noticed that I was at least 10-15 yards further than I usually was on these holes. On the 18th, a 420 yard dogleg Par-4,I usually am about 170-180 out after my drive- occasionally 160. Well, yesterday after hitting the R7 Limited, I was at 145 yards- closer than I had ever been before.
All I can say is WOW!! What a marvelous piece of equipment. I am in love with the R7 Limited. The red Ozik shaft goes great with the black clubhead as well- a great look. A reviewer in Golf Magazines' Club Test said the R7 Limited was his WoW club, and called her "Crush-a-rama". I completely concur. I would recommend this club to anyone- it may take 40 balls or so to get used to it, but once you do, you'll be saying 'WOW!' as well. Great Driver.

Cleveland Hi-Bore, Hi-Bore XL, Launcher 460, Callaway ERC Fusion, Callaway X460

August 11, 2009

Reviewed by: yashin ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylor Made R7 Limited

Summary:
I have always used Taylor Made Drivers.I bought this one yesterday & played with it today.I used it in the neutral position.I have to say this is the worst driver I have ever used from Taylor Made.I was about twenty yards shorter than usual with a big slice.This is one driver that will be going back to the pro shop.

July 25, 2009

Reviewed by: golfsteady ,  Shoots in the 70s

Taylor Made R7-Limited

Summary:
For the past 6 years I have been playing a ping G2 driver . I have constantly been looking for a better driver but could not find any that performed as good for me.
Recently I tried a TM R7 Limited driver and was extremely pleased.It is ver consitent and about 15 yards longer than my G2.
Specs are:
Matrix Ozik Shaft
Regular Flex
Loft: 10.5 degrees
In testing many drivers this is the best one for me.
I paly it in the neutral setting. This club has everything that you need and it is at a great ptice with the new R9's being out.
Try one and you will be pleasantly surprised.A simp[ly great product.

None required

Ping G2, Titleist D2, Nike Sq, Ping G10 and others

July 21, 2009

Reviewed by: Garry ,  Shoots in the 100s

Taylor Made r7 quad

Summary:
I'm a new golfer (under 1 year), high handicap (golf), but a "big, strong guy" as described by other players. My set driver is a Nicaulus 10 deg. "i" flex that cracks at the corners every time I get it replaced. I "borrowed" the 9.5 stiff flex driver from a friend (picked it up for $25) and I CRUSH this club... sometimes. I don't have a big frame of reference, but the first time I hit this at the range, it was nuts. In play, I'm regularly 280-290, with a few moments of brilliance. I haven't moved the weights around, as I prefer the idea of fixing my swing, but I love the solid feel and feedback when I hit one correctly. I've hit 347 in no wind with a skinny fairway that is flat, but unforgiving. I've also popped up like I hit a PW.

Bottom line on my review... go hit a few clubs and find what you like. This one will serve me fine until I know what to look for. I can beat the crap out of the ball with it, but I can also put a wicked top spin on the ball that barely gets me past the kids' tee box.. I can say that I haven't broken it yet, although it hasn't been for lack of effort.

Cleveland, Nickaulus, Taylor Made.