TaylorMade R5 Dual D Drivers Review

TaylorMade R5 Dual D

The r5 dual features widely spaced, dual TaylorMade Launch control (TLC) cartridges that are pre-configured and permanent. This positions the weight ideally so you don't have to. With Launch Control promoting an extremely high MOI (moment of inertia) and proper clubhead rotation, the r5 dual Type N delivers remarkable forgivness and a straight ball flight while the r5 dual Type D provides a draw. Meanwhile, the exceptionally large 450cc titanium clubhead not only looks substantial at address, but it also gives you solid contact, consistently straighter shots and of course, confidence. And with TaylorMade's revolutionary inverted Cone Technology, the expanded COR of the r5 results in higher ball velocity on off center hits for longer, more consistent drives.

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

September 10, 2010

Reviewed by: Kaycee ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylor Made R5 D

Summary:
I have recently purchased a Taylor Made R5 D driver.I thought my old Taylor 360Ti would be irreplaceable after trying,Callaway,Burner R7 quad and other product-but was happily proved wrong!My first hit was on the course and straight and pure!--that was the way driving through that round continued (only putting woes stopped a score in the hi 70's!).My delight continues after two further rounds and my golf buddies are complimenting me endlessly on straight long drives.They havent noticed I have changed driver and I am not telling them either!To me the best type of club is one you dont have to think about;just stand up,focus-hit! Totsally recommended!

Not needed but have very good outlets in this city and great people to deal with

Callaway (Warbird,460) Taylor Made Burner '09,and R7 Quad

May 12, 2009

Reviewed by: hoody372 ,  Shoots in the 70s

taylormade r5 dual

Summary:
i had an r510 till i broke the face. picked up a cheap r5 which was the best 200 bucks ive ever spent. i broke the original shaft so replaced it with a 47 3/4 inch shaft. apart from the occasional slice this club has had me play a pitching wedge for my 2nd shot into a 455m par 5 and hit the green. the r5 is a beautiful club and i cant wait to hit it everytime

r510, hibore,

April 12, 2009

Reviewed by: kwebbs ,  Shoots in the 80s

dual type D

Summary:
well first let me say, that if you slice of the tee, this driver will help straighten you out, i used to have a billy club driver and i sliced ever shot off the tee... this driver came into my posession when i bought a set of tommy armour 845s silverscots from a garage sale and i talked the guy into throwing in the driver. and let me say THANK GOD I DID BECAUSE this is the best driver i have ever hit, ive hit big berthas ive hit TM R7's and TM 580's and nothing has ever hit so beautifully off the tee, the club just feels so good in your swing and the sweet spot is so huge so even mis hits still go straight just loose some yardage and every impact with the ball sounds SO AWESOME just a loud ass TINK! it puts alot of confidence in your game and i broke 80 last time i went out and i havent done that in YEARS if you have your chance to get this driver please do.

even though its an older TM driver... but still my favorite one ive ever hit

no experience with the customer service

R7 R580's etc etc

July 18, 2008

Reviewed by: Leif ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylormade R5 D

Summary:
Broke my R5 N driver and find a model D cheap and wanted to give it a try.

Not same feel like I used to with R5 N, but still a easy to use and ok driver.

It will not stop your slice, but can help a little ;-)

Never used

Wilson Fatshaft, Nike 350,Nickent 3DX

July 17, 2008

Reviewed by: Northerner04 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylor Made r% Dual

Summary:
I borrowed this club from a friend for a game. The results were even better than I expected. We traded clubs permanently.

My old driver was a TM r580 with a regular shaft, and this r5 Dual has a stiff shaft, medium tip. This club has reduced my tendency to slice to almost zero, and the ball travels much further as a result.

This club (N weighted) is ideal for the mid handicapper who struggles with a slice.

None required

r7 Quad (borrowed), r580 (previous club)