TaylorMade R5 Dual N Drivers Review

TaylorMade R5 Dual N

The r5 dual features widely spaced, dual TaylorMade Launch control (TLC) cartridges that are pre-configured and permanent. This positions the weight ideally so you don't have to. With Launch Control promoting an extremely high MOI (moment of inertia) and proper clubhead rotation, the r5 dual Type N delivers remarkable forgivness and a straight ball flight while the r5 dual Type D provides a draw. Meanwhile, the exceptionally large 450cc titanium clubhead not only looks substantial at address, but it also gives you solid contact, consistently straighter shots and of course, confidence. And with TaylorMade's revolutionary inverted Cone Technology, the expanded COR of the r5 results in higher ball velocity on off center hits for longer, more consistent drives.

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

May 27, 2014

Reviewed by: Franchi$e ,  Shoots in the 90s

Taylormade R5 Dual (Draw)

Summary:
Love it. I had accepted a controlled, predictable existence off the tee with my 205 yard baby fade I was getting from my Cobra S3. Then I was having a bad round, decided to swing it with everything I had regardless of the danger, and the S3 shaft broke in half on the transition.

I panicked, went to a used golf place for an interim club - this R5 Dual Draw played the best, and all the launch monitor stats were right in the sweet spot. An old club, it costs me $45.

Now I crush from the tee (for me, anyway), regular, average drives going 230 or more. Cleared 260 on a couple of occasions already.

It has not cured my slice. About 1/6 will still slice out right, but it is not nearly as dramatic (usually still playable) and the vast majority of shots are now straight with perhaps a slight draw. Even miss-hits seem to go pretty good, clearing 200 more or less straight. Tons of increased confidence to swing away from the tee-box and better distance and accuracy. Sounds good to me.

no need

Cobra S3,TM Burner Super Fast

June 22, 2011

Reviewed by: Dave ,  Shoots in the 80s

TAYLORMADE R5 DUAL TYPE D 10.5°

Summary:
I just switched from a Taylormade R360 XD that i had for about 6 years and WOW what a difference. I bought the club for $60 off Ebay and it was the best $60 I have spent on golf. I have never had the ball come off the tee so fast. I had a vicious slice that i've been trying to correct for years and with a few pointers I bought this club and switched my grip a bit and now i'm crushing it straight and 30+ yards further than i use to drive. Would definately recomend giving this club a try.

September 19, 2010

Reviewed by: Tsgtmike ,  Shoots in the 90s

R5 / TM 580

Summary:
I have been hitting a Taylor 580 for the past year. I developed hook and couldn't shake it. Had the chance to buy a used R5D and fiqured at least it would give me a different feel for awhile. Now my problem is I love both clubs. The R5 is very forgiving. Only thing I don't like is the Ting sound when striking the ball.

No issues with service as of yet

See review summary TM 580 vs R5D

June 24, 2010

Reviewed by: Don A. ,  Shoots in the 90s

R5 Dual

Summary:
My wife bought this driver brand new about three years ago. She is about 5' 2" and weighs about 120 lbs. She cracked the face of this driver and TaylorMade won't do anything for her. Now that's poor service.

TaylorMade should be more willing to stand behind their product.

June 21, 2010

Reviewed by: gary ,  Shoots in the 70s

R 580

Summary:
I have been hitting fairways my whole life. I bought one used for my son. He never got it. I hit longer and straighter than i ever did before. It gets the ball up so fast and I have a 9.5. I'm thinking a 10.5 might be too high a loft.