TaylorMade R540 Drivers Review

TaylorMade R540

350cc standard face design for players who want medium-trajectory drives with added spin for longer carry. Conforms with USGA Specifications on C.O.R.

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

July 25, 2016

Reviewed by: xrayvizhen ,  Shoots in the 70s

Taylor Made R-540 Driver

Summary:
It's now 2016 and I'm STILL using this thing. I've been shopping many times for something newer but can't find anything better. I recently was in a PGA store and tested several new drivers on their tracking computers. I even brought my R-540 in from the car to compare and there was no significant difference, either in distance or accuracy. I'm not going to spend $350+ on a new driver for maybe 5 extra yards, if that much.

June 7, 2010

Reviewed by: Alex Judge ,  Shoots in the 70s

R540

Summary:
Really good driver for longer hitting players, ive had this driver for nearly 4 years now, ive had newer clubs but never liked the feel and always went back to this club, amazing quality. i hit about 290+ average on a average day, bad days i hit this about 260 good days 320. Amazing value and still legal in competitions , as far as i know anyway.

October 15, 2009

Reviewed by: Peter ,  Shoots in the 80s

R540

Summary:
I bought this driver for $50 NZ. Best purchase i have ever made in my life.

Simple as that.

May 13, 2009

Reviewed by: YOINKER DOINKER ,  Shoots in the 100s

R540

Summary:
I LOVE WHEN I SHOVE THE DRIVER IN ME CORN HOLE

HORRIBLE

ANAL BEADS

October 14, 2008

Reviewed by: james ,  Shoots in the 80s

taylor made 540XD

Summary:
I bought this driver on a lark on ebay just after I dropped the Nike for the G5. Thought I was just going to keep this in the trunk to stop in on any range I came by but after I used it I was cracking up at how much fun it was to hit. yes, I could make the G5 go further but it was not nearly as consitant as the 540. The weight of the head and the size all seem to be a perfect combination. The G5 seems to be like pushing a kite through the air compaired to the 540. I also have a 425 that feels like i am pushing it through the air compaired to the 540. May be about 10 or 15 yards shorter but damn if it does not go straight down the pipe when I hit it right and it is a very solid driver, sound, weight all of it. just a really good driver.

sastquach 13 and 10.5, ping G5, Taylor Made 425, Callaway Big Bertha and others I forgot about.