TaylorMade Rocketballz Drivers Review

TaylorMade Rocketballz

TaylorMade RocketBallz Driver The TaylorMade RocketBallz Driver uses Flight Control Technology (FCT), which easily allows you to adjust the loft (+/-1.5 deg) and face angle (+/-3 deg) on your shots. A thick-thin crown design creates a lower center of gravity, which promotes higher launch for more distance. A lightweight shaft and grip promotes faster swing speed for more distance and the speed-enhancing head aerodynamics promotes faster head speed for more distance. Inverted Cone Clubface Techno

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

GolfSmith

August 14, 2013

Reviewed by: Evert Mol ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylormade RBZ stage 2, 9.5

Summary:
Stayed with a TM Superquad for 5 years because nothing else worked any better. Until I got the RBZ. Solid as a rock. Straight. Hard to claim a great gain in distance with lots of other variables in play but certainly a gain in confidence.

I like the loft and (simultaneous) face angle adjustment. Head plus sleeve and stock weight weighs 200g. Removed the weight and found it was <1 gram, so it can't be lightened but can be fitted with heavier weights. The wrench supplied for the shaft screw does not fit the weight (boo). A T20 security torx bit ($1 at Do it Best)is required and heat should be applied before removal.

The 46" length with the stock shaft is too long for me so I cut an inch off. With additional adapters ($20 on line) I can easily change to other shafts in my collection.

Prices have come down below $200 for a new one, not much more than some of the used ones on EBay, even for heads only. Mine cost $159 from Carl's Golfland, free shipping.

July 5, 2013

Reviewed by: Robert ,  Shoots in the 100s

rocketballz bonded driver 9.5 deg. stiff & 3 wood 17deg.

Summary:
I have played my ping g10 and g5 drivers for years and I hit a huge banana ball. I even put a steel shaft on the g10 and still slice it on occasion, lots of occasions! My average on our golf league team is 101 and a lot of that is due to my drives landing in the trashy stuff, other than that my game is pretty good. Since my wife and kids gave me this driver and 3 wood, I can't seem to miss the fairway! Not only have they kept me on the fairway but I am way longer too. My last two matches I shot a 90 and an 89 on two different courses and I now consistently drive it between 270-290 with one drive striped down the center at 335! I used to be the short knocker on the team and not any more. I am not one to write reviews since I am not a great golfer, but I know when to give credit where credit is due, these things rock! I think I am going to buy the rocketballz irons next, especially since these two clubs knocked 10 strokes of my game in two weeks. A smooth tempo gets you out there a long way!

ping g5 & g10, titleist d2, cobra, callaway ft5, nike vrs, and ping anser

March 18, 2013

Reviewed by: RADRM ,  Shoots in the 80s

RBZ 9.5 DEG.

Summary:
This is the most forgiving and straightest driver I have played in the last 10 years.It is the only driver I can consistently drive off the deck.Good distance and direction on off center hits.I would recommend the 9.5 deg as the 10.5 generated too much spin. Just figure out which shaft feels right and it becomes a matter of point and shoot.Itwas more reliable than my Superfast 2.0 TP in terms of distance on off center hits and forgiveness.

Superfast 2.0 and R11

August 23, 2012

Reviewed by: Jeb Smalls ,  Scratch Golfer

RBZ 9 Degree Tour

Summary:
Hey guys. My name is Jeb and I'm a 2 handicap golfer. I'm a bit short in stature, being somewhere between Danny DeVito and Michael J. Fox. That's about 5 foot 2 in case you were wondering. I'm not a dwarf but at the same time I won't be trying out for the NBA anytime soon.

As you can probably guess, finding women who are interested in dating a man who's not much taller than the bar stool is a challenge. That's why I play a lot of golf. Let's face it, I ain't getting any and that's not going to change as I get older. I've thougt about going to matchmidget.com but that's just a pride breaker for sure.

Anyway, distance has been an issue for me and I'd probably be a scratch and beat that a-hole Drake Johnson at the annual club championship if I could keep up with him on my drives. Drake beat me 2 & 1 last year at the club championship and when we sat down for drinks he asked me if I need a booster seat. I told him his wife never needed me to sit in one. He threw his beer at me and missed and I said "nice toss, champ".

Anyway, I tried this RBZ driver at the range and hit the f#king sh!t out of it. I'm fairly certain that I'm 20 yards longer and past Drake on his best drives.

I'm in his foursome next week. The guy is such a jerk. He always insists on driving because if I ever need to brake quickly I might not be able to reach. Fine with me, I've got an appointment with Mrs. Drake on Tuesday for a long lunch.

Word to the wise. Don't make fun of short people. They may laugh in the moment but they'll be plotting your demise later on.

Gene Sarazen platform shoes.

July 3, 2012

Reviewed by: A V Twiss ,  Shoots in the 80s

TaylroMade RBZ Tour 10.5

Summary:
I tried the non tour version of the RBZ as a possible replacement for my R11. It got me an extra 15 to 20 yards but I had no idea where it was going. I then tried the tour version and I still got extra yards and accuracy was much improved. I have no idea why this is. Basically a very competent driver and whilst longer than my previous driver it is not massively more forgiving. In fact I am beginning to wonder why I replace my Ping G15 with the R11 in the first place.

My club pro Brian was very helpful with the fitting process. Taylormade were competent in getting it delivered in a reasonable time frame.

Taylormade R11