TaylorMade Taylormade R7 CGB Max Drivers Review

Information Added By

March 23, 2010

Reviewed by: MB ,  Shoots in the 90s

Taylormade CGB Max

Summary:
bought used from TM pre-owned. Club is in excellent shape and I played it for the first time on Sat. Very satisfied without any time on the range. 10.5 degree with a stock 45 gram shaft-reg flex. Very forgiving with a neutral bias.

Don't think I'll need it.

Cleveland Launcher, Ping Rapture, TM Burner

March 10, 2010

Reviewed by: richieg41@aol.com ,  Shoots in the 80s

taylormade rx7 cgb max 10.5 driver

Summary:
i own a full set of cgb irons and metal woods. i loved the set so much i purchased a 5 and 7 wood. set is about 6 years old. i had extra points in my amex account so i purchased the above r7 cgb max 10.5 driver while playing the top of the club cracked. i have never hit the ground only used club off the tee. i could not produce invoice being purchase was through amex and have since cancelled card. taylor made has blown me off after purchasing all of my clubs from them. i also had my first hole in one using there 9 iron and notified taylormade they sent me a ball mark repair tool.

very dissappointing company i will go back to titleist.

titleist,walter hagen,ping

August 17, 2009

Reviewed by: stan ,  Shoots in the 80s

r7 cgb max driver

Summary:
I replaced my loyal and trusted 580 XD driver with the R7 CGB driver. In neutral, I have a slight draw with the R7 but I was able to adjust easily when I desired a straight shot. It takes an effortless swing to get the long straight 250-265 yard drive which I am satisfied with. I like the lighter stiff shaft and I think the shape of the head aids in a consistent set up. Earlier this year I used a R7 Draw that I could not hit consistently. I think R7 "Duck Hook" would have been a more accurate name.

I have not needed to utilize Taylormade customer service as their clubs have always been stellar for me.

I carry R5 fairway woods 3,5,7 and Rescue mid 3 & 5.

July 9, 2009

Reviewed by: Josh Thompson ,  Shoots in the 80s

R7 CGB Max Driver

Summary:
I was looking to replace my old and battered Callaway C4 Driver. I had to play a strong fade with that club and it had become tiresome of being out driven on every hole sometimes by guys 3 woods. I had heard from a friend that this driver will NOT allow any more than a little baby fade. He was right. The ball explodes of the face. I've gained at least 40 yards and I have yet to spray it right. I strongly recommend it for anyone looking to reduce a slice and that needs help getting the ball up quickly. If there is such a thing has a "smart club" this is it!

NA

Callaway C4, Cobra S9-1 pro deep

April 4, 2009

Reviewed by: Eddie BC ,  Shoots in the 90s

Taylor Made Taylormade R7 CGB Max driver

Summary:
Great deal right now. Price came down after the R9 came out. I found the 45 gram Reax shaft to light & really did not like the feel. I changed the shaft over to a Ozik Matrix X-con 6. Wow! Did it bring the driver to life. Have to say the driver is very forgiving & quite long. About 10-15 yards further than my Titleist 905T with an Aldila shaft. Even on the days when my swing isn't co-operating, the most I get is a baby fade.
Took a while to get used to a red trianglular head. The driver looks great now with the candy apple red Ozik shaft.

Not used yet.