TaylorMade TAYLORMADE R9 Drivers Review

TaylorMade TAYLORMADE R9

TAYLORMADE R9 IS A NEW DRIVER THAT IS TOTALLY ADJUSTABLE

YOU CAN CHANGE THE FACE ANGLE, LOFT AND LIE, PLUS ALTER ITS CENTER OF GRAVITY!

I HAVE OWNED THIS DRIVER FOR ABOUT A MONTH IT HAS BEEN GREAT ON DISTANCE AND BALL SHAPING.

I'M A 9 HANDICAP & THIS DRIVER HAS BEEN THE BEST DRIVER I'VE EVER OWNED.

DEMO THIS & SEE FOR YOURSELF.

CAPPY

Callaway Golf

September 12, 2011

Reviewed by: rkennedy66 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Taylormade R9

Summary:
I am 67 years old and I have gone the the process of may drivers of every manufacturer out there. I have graduated from stiff, to regular, and now senior going from a 6 handicap to a 16-18. I have struggled for about 2 years with multiple drivers to fit my swing from aging. I finally decided to go for an adjustable driver and decided on the R9. All I can say is it works. I have always struggled with the big 460 heads and the 422 size head is perfect. Much easier to close the head square. The stock M shaft is also perfect. Firm enough to feel and yet flexible enough hit well. All I can say my driver issues once a high cut went to a slight draw in the middle of the fairway. I am not a long hitter now because of aging but I can still hit this driver around 230 which is fine with me. This driver is straight and accurate even with my swing flaws. Do your self a favor and try this club. It is not just for the scratch golfer. I has made my game fun again. Set it to your swing and forget it.

Have not had to use. Very dependable club maker.

Ping G10, Titleist 904, J, Callaway II, 415, bertha, BB bertha, Cobra 350, 4002 440, Nike Sumo(sucked. Taylormade 460 Draw(did not like the shaft or HIGH ball flight. Many more. Driver junky.

March 21, 2011

Reviewed by: eric ,  Shoots in the 70s

r9 TP 10.5

Summary:
Purchased 2 R9 Tp 10.5 drivers w/ rsv6 shafts and picked up an rip 60r shaft. Club plays at 45". Put 1gm weights in all 3 ports. Then added lead tape at the extreme bottom/rear of club (below the rear weightport)...club is silly easy to hit straight and long and feels sweet... this mod expands the size of the sweetspot as well. This club as moded is probably best for guys or women who drive the ball between 230 and 250 yds...with a swingspeed in the mid 90's and play something like a true regular flex shaft or firm. Stripping the weightports and adding lead tape as described above transforms the club into a higher launching, much more forgiving head with a natural draw bias, even in the neutral shaft/face angle setting...for players with higher swingspeeds (100+) this mod probably results in too much dynamic loft...but for a 90-100 swinger it will be a real hammer...since r9 and r9 tp drivers can be had very inexpensively, this mod takes a now inexpensive driver and makes it more playable than the "latest and greatest" TM versions...my R9 TP as above is longer and straighter for me than the Burner Superfast TP and new r11 versions which I have hit side by side. Why spend $300 or more for an R11 when the R9 can be modded to outperform it? Oh yes, Dustin Johnson still plays the R9 when it counts and he is just about the longest driver on tour...and Oh yes, have you noticed that the better players are going to slightly smaller driver size like the smaller R11? It's like hitting a nail with a hammer rather than a frying pan...which one works better for you will depend on how well you can consistantly hit the center of the clubhead. If you are like me, getting older and slower, but can still hit close to the sweetspot, the r9 as modded per above just might be your best stick too.

not used

superdeep w/ RIP 60r(sweet when modded per above), Burner Superfast TP (very nice), R11 (not for me...not enough swingspeed)

May 18, 2010

Reviewed by: famousdavis ,  Scratch Golfer

R9

Summary:
I took a dainty gander at this club and found it's lines and sphere conducive to solid swing mechanics. A beauty, if you will. Smash factor is there coupled with pleasing to the ear eloquence. Suffice to say I enjoyed the resulting 300-yard hit. A tight fade with adequate roll induced a purchase on my part. I have relieved my fellows of their earnings on more than one occasion. Let me stand and proclaim that it is a club of high potential. May you come upon such a club in your travels. If you are of poor form and weak grip please look elsewhere and do not grace the course with your obnoxious poor behavior. We needn't see the ugliness.

I chatted with an old bloke from up the way. He was a soggy old bloke who seemed too far into his cups. Poor lass.

Let me say I've tried the whole lot.

August 26, 2009

Reviewed by: Mikehard80 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Taylormade R9

Summary:
Ok- I am a 14 handicap. I was hitting the 2007 Burner and liked it. I hit it on average 265 and high. Everyone in awhile off target but pretty good overall. I then bought the r9 and I think it is awesome. Even though it is smaller than the Burner, I think it is easier to keep in the fairway. You can take a slice out of the picture and hit a nice draw and never worry about losing it right. It has a different ball flight but I think it is just as long, just not as high. Much more roll. Ask your club pro what is the best he can give it to you for. I got a deal-- That's all I will say.

June 3, 2009

Reviewed by: CAPPY ,  Shoots in the 70s

Summary:
TAYLORMADE R9 DRIVER IS GREAT. IT HAS MANY OPTIONS FROM A FADE TO STRONG DRAW TO FIT YOUR BALL FLIGHT.

THIS DRIVER IS FOR A GOLFER THAT SHOOTS IN THE 70'S OR 80'S.

IT'S A LOT OF FUN TO HIT. AND YOU CAN'T BLAME THE DRIVER IF YOU CAN'T HIT IT!!

TAYLORMADE BURNER