TaylorMade Ti Bubble 2 Drivers Review

TaylorMade Ti Bubble 2

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

Review Abstract
This driver will "earn great rewards with a swift, easy swing." "It is forgiving on off-centered hits and distance wise, but a bad swing will still produce a gross slice or hook and the added length will accentuate the error." "Consistent," "long and straight," some felt it "wasn't long enough for the range." A few reviewers "have added 40 yards to their game, and they're not getting younger or stronger, so it must be the club."

April 26, 2012

Reviewed by: Bagpipe83 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Taylor Made Ti Bubble 2 Driver

Summary:
I am new to golfing. I have been golfing for about a month. I had a used box set that came with a Dunlop Tour T1 driver. I was nothitting it very well, I had a wicked slice. I recently picked up this driver, for $19.99. It is a steal in my opinion. I just got back from my first trip to the range. I am still not getting a lot of distance, about mid 200's. But I am positive that it is my swing, not the club. It also made my slice into a nice, and easy fade. I know this club is old tech, but it is still good. I will keep working on my swing, and hopefully be hitting at high 200's soon. I know this club is more than capabile of that distance. The Taylor Made TITANIUM BUBBLE 2 Driver will be in my bag for a long time.

Dunlop Tour T1,Dunlop DDH, Titanium 250cc, Taylor Made RBZ.

August 14, 2009

Reviewed by: cshatts ,  Shoots in the 90s

TI Bubble 2

Summary:
In near mint condition, this baby was going for $15 at my local Golf Galaxy. I hit it along with a Sumo, Burner, and HiBore and it outperformed them all in the simulation.

Today was my first day testing it on the links. Usually I fudge my first tee shot of the round, but just swung away and hit it 278 and straight in the fairway. For a 10.5 loft, I had no problems with slicing (used to switch between a 13 and 9 to find a good fit - duh it's in the middle).

I hit 4/6 fairways with it and averaged about 250 off the tee.

In a time when clubs are getting too monstrous, the Bubble 2 fits nicely in the middle. It looks hot. It sounds beautiful. God, I wish my wife was like this club.

I was always a believer in the golfer, not the clubs. And I still am. BUT, this driver somehow just fits.

It's worth $200 in my book, but if you can pick it up for anywhere under $50 and in good condition, it's a no-brainer.

nothing this good

April 20, 2006

Reviewed by: graffixjones ,  Shoots in the 100s

Taylor Made Ti Bubble 2 10.5 Driver

Summary:
I recently got into the game of golf, and found out that my thrift-store clubs that I'd collected over several months weren't really going to cut it, so I started shopping on ebay.
After reading several reviews, and figuring out that I really didn't need the newest Taylor Made drivers, I settled on the Ti Bubble 2's as a nice price/performance tradeoff.

I can safely say that I made the right choice.

I have two of these drivers the 10.5 (which I am reviewing), and a 7.5 that has been set up for long-drive contests (it was only $20 so I couldn't pass it up). The 10.5 has an S-90 graphite shaft and a Taylor Bubble Grip.

I don't know what it is about this club, but it's very easy to find the sweet spot. I've seen some reviewers complain about the swing weight, but I find it to be perfect, and the sound it makes when you connect solidy with the ball (that titanium 'tink' sound) is pure heaven.

Like others have mentioned, this isn't a "shankless" club, and if you whack at the ball, it's going to go crazy... but if you swing solidly and make 'decent' contact with the clubface, it's gonna rocket the ball.

I don't have a whole lot of upper body strength, but I can still whack the ball over 200 yards consistently with this club, and even if I don't hit it fully square it only translates to a slight hook or draw.

The best part is that you can find these clubs in good to great condition on ebay for $30 to $50 each, which is a steal.

If you're a beginning golfer that needs a good solid driver, without breaking the bank, go for it. Even if you're not a beginning golfer, they're a great club, but by that time you probably want something a bit more 'advanced', even though you probably won't need it.

A bit double-thumbs-up for these drivers... they don't make them like this anymore.

Not applicable... I bought used.

Ping, Callaway, Wilson

July 21, 2005

Reviewed by: BigBender82 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Taylor Made Firesole R-80 Bubble Shaft

Summary:
This club is the ticket. It radiates confiedence at address. At first, I was a bit skeptical about the large amount of offset. It wasn't a problem at all! My bad drives now are a 15 yard draw. I usually drive the ball around 175 yards with my Steelhead. I was hitting this 200, 210. I hammered one into the wind almost 230 the other day. Today I shot my best round ever, 81. Can't wait to play again.

Not used.

Callaway Steelhead Plus

December 24, 2003

Reviewed by: Scratch ,  Shoots in the 80s

Taylor Made Ti-Bubble 2

Summary:
I previously played a Calloway Big Bertha War Bird 9.5 before buying this Ti Bubble 2 used, from a co-worker and it was a great purchase. Not only does the Taylor Made feel better than a War Bird, but the sweetspot is larger and the distance and height are amazing. Even though this club is a few years old, I have no desire to "upgrade" to a 2004 model because of how comfortable I am with this one. The Ti-Bubble 2 is eaisly on of the best drivers I have ever used.

NA

Calloway Big Bertha
Calloway Great Big Bertha
Titleist
Adams Golf Tight Lies Driver (amazing club)