TaylorMade Tour Burner Drivers Review

TaylorMade Tour Burner

Dual crown and weighted power-base promote increased carry and distance. Modern head shape promotes lower, deeper and precision-placed CG for higher launch angle and lower spin. SuperFast Technology promotes increased swing speed, faster ball speed and added distance. Inverted Cone Technology dramatically expands the portion of the clubface that delivers high COR for consistently longer drives on off-center hits. SuperFast 60-gram shaft is exceptionally lightweight and stable to promote greater distance and accuracy.

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

October 9, 2012

Reviewed by: Randy ,  Shoots in the 90s

Tour Burner 2.0

Summary:
I purchased this driver 2 weeks ago , and love it. I tried 3 other expensive drivers & this last years model, out performed them all , and was the least expensive. I wanted 25 yrds more and I'm getting 50 & 60yrds yrds more when I hit it dead on the nuts . My swing speed went up 6 mph. I was hitting 185-200 yrds....and now 210 230 yrds and have twice hit it 260 yrds ! Still getting used to the club, but I'm very happy with it so far.

August 31, 2012

Reviewed by: litdrum ,  Shoots in the 90s

Taylor Made Tour Burner

Summary:
Bought used from ebay. Stiff aldila by you shaft. 9.5 loft. Pretty happy, makes me feel confidence over the ball. Inconsistent 300+ yard drives. Mostly around 270. But that's far enough.

No experience

R7 quad
FT-I square

October 18, 2011

Reviewed by: bbusse ,  Shoots in the 80s

tour burner

Summary:
accurate as a 3 wood. 30 yards longer than ping g5.10.5 degree head and reg shaft excellentfor 90 mph swing

call454 r7 g5ping

July 16, 2011

Reviewed by: GrizzGolfer ,  Shoots in the 80s

TaylorMade Tour Burner TP 8.5* x-stiff

Summary:
I used purchased this driver in May gently used from a seller on ebay. I've used several drivers off and on over the past couple years, switching between a 8.5* cobra x speed to an older Cleveland launcher 7.5*. I've even purchased an alpha model long drive driver at one point to try. Before I bought the taylormade I was back to the cobra and hitting it fairly well, and about as long as I ever had. However, I still struggled with pulling it left sometimes and every once in awhile I'd get a snap hook out of it. My biggest complaint with the cobra was the sound. A few times a round when hit solidly it would produce such a harsh metallic ping sound that it would literally leave my ears ringing.

I decided to try the taylormade because of the price (around $80 with shipping) and the first few rounds had a bit of a love hate relationship with it. My distance was still decent but it lacked the power of my cobra when I really laid into one. I should say that I am around 6'4", 270 lbs and around a 115-120 mph swing speed with the driver. On my last full round with the cobra I put one 360 off the tee, and with the taylormade have been able to still get around 300 or a little more but not near what was possible with the cobra. However, the difference is consistency. While with the cobra I was never completely confident that it would go the direction I wanted, the TP has become my most confident club in the bag. It took a few rounds to get used to the weight, as it at least feels quite a bit lighter than the cobra and therefore a little harder to feel throughout the back swing. My last round out I hit the time out of the ball all day with it, averaging close to 300 yds and hitting from the short grass far more than I was used to. I was hitting from the back tees on the course for only the second time and ended up shooting a 79 after a round of 43 on the front. I was 2 under on the back through 6 holes and only lost strokes on an errant 4 iron into a par five and a miss hit 8 iron over a par three with a pond. I believe this club to be responsible for producing results off the tee and inspiring confidence in the rest of my game. If I could find wedges to inspire my wedge game like this thing has my driving, I'd quit my day job.

Didn't use talormade's service but am very pleased with the product. The only thing that left me a little irritated was that it claims to be square to slightly open and probably sits at least a half a degree or more closed. Not a huge deal other than if it is labeled as being square to open, it should be square to open.

Cobra X Speed 8.5*
Cleveland launcher 400 7.5*
Callaway Great Big Bertha II Pro Series 8.5*
Alpha C830II SP700 7.5*

April 10, 2011

Reviewed by: Joseph doyle ,  Scratch Golfer

Summary:
iv had this club for about 3 or 4 years and iv got a X-stiff shaft in it. sence iv had it iv got duck hooks and unconsistant ball flight, it the only club in my bag that realy lets my down.

not a happy customer