TaylorMade XR-03 Ti Drivers Review

TaylorMade XR-03 Ti

The XR-03 Ti Driver features a 410cc clubhead. A product of Powerframe Technology, it''s made from high-strength SP-700® titanium with rolled face plate construction to produce a stiffer frame with a thinner, cold-formed face for the highest COR we''ve ever engineered. The improved CAD-optimized head structure offers higher moment of inertia to maintain ball velocity on off-centre hits. Its computer-optimized CG location improves launch conditions for players of average swing speeds by creating a higher launch angle with less ball spin to realize maximum distance and control. An internal weight pad technology enhances sound and solid feel for the desired feedback preferred by most players.

More Products from TaylorMade  >>

April 25, 2006

Reviewed by: Taximan ,  Shoots in the 80s

XR 03

Summary:
I have had this driver now 3 weeks ... from Ebay ... I didn't write a review until I played at least a few games with it ... I must say I had the Cobra SZ before this and was a great club , then got the TM 540XD and thats ok but a bit high for me at 10.5. This sucker at 9.5 and the non conforming core is amazing ... I hit it normally around the 230 to 250 mark with the other drivers ... this thing goes 25y longer than both and I must say when I connect well on a firm course it can roll on up to the green on some of those short par 4s. Mine has the TM lite60 shaft Stiff ... I am a happy little chappy ... the best part is, it shuts some of my clubs players up for once when I smack it 30 to 50 past them.

My swing speed is only 95-100 so I think if your up for a club that you want to squeeze a little more from, go get one off Ebay as there rare nowdays as I had to get mine sent to Australia from the UK. These are legal here until 2008 I believe but not the US.

Mine was second hand and rate the head,shaft at around 7-10 ... I will put a new good shaft in it soon as the old one may even be holding it back a little bit more I could squeeze out of it.

Get one if you can at the price they where $600 or more US then there easy pick up now second hand for around $100US.